6.11.2010

hike

The boys attended the Father/Son camp-out last weekend. It was nice to have some quiet time. I kept Clayton home with me, put him to bed, and then partied!! Okay, just kidding. I scrap-booked for 3 hours. Trying to catch up for not doing any for the last year.

 
I drove out to camp to meet up with the boys and go on a hike that's not too far away from the campground. Tyler went on the same hike a few years ago.

All the trees are completely covered in moss. 
 
The trail eventually comes to an old 1890's railroad. All the metal is gone, but you can still see where they laid the railroad ties.
 

The canyon is pretty narrow, with the hillside leaving barely enough room for the railroad. The water gushes through here so fast, you have to shout to talk to one another.

 
Umm...yeah. This sign post was knocked over and upside down by a landslide. Boy, that makes me feel great!
 
I stuck my hand out to feel the water splash from the waterfall, and Clayton thought that was pretty cool.

Speaking of Clayton, he is a funny kid. In his car seat, there are slots for a seatbelt to go through once he is old enough to be in a booster seat. Every time we get in the car, he is hanging on to both of those slots, like handlebars. 
So there he was in the kid carrier, just hanging on for dear life!  The pole that he's hanging onto is the rain/sun shade stowed in the back.

This was a relatively easy hike. I would definitely do it again. The boys did great. Especially considering they had stayed up really late while camping the night before.

4 comments:

shaunie said...

Was it last year's father's and son's campout that you scrapbooked like crazy as well? Or was it the year before? I remember a very similar post sometime in the past.

Clayton is funny with his "handlebars." Maybe it's sort of like Gordon when I'm holding him. He's always got to have his hand down my shirt. :)

Mom, Grandma M said...

What an awesome family activity. Think you should have had the kids roped to you! The pictures are so cool, thanks for taking the time to share!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Looks like another fun hike!! It's fun going through all of your pictures and seeing the fun things your family enjoys! Now it I can just update my blog!:)

Michael and Anita said...

How fun! I went on a hike with Michael's sis and fam this weekend (he had to work). It was beautiful! I do love the green, especially in the sunny weather. Shaunie says I might look to you for lessons on how to enjoy Seattle/Tacoma. :) Any tips? :)