3.19.2008

Jaren's eye is now a lovely shade of blue. The cut is almost healed up.

Kaden has been bouncing off the walls, literally, for the past two days. And it's cold and rainy outside - but we get out when we can. Kaden was jumping and running all over the place inside. So I said, "let's go outside!" We decided to go to the park. The whole 5 minute walk there he was dragging his feet. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Tyler and I are trying to figure out summer plans of where we want to go and things we want to see. Here are a few things on our list that are in the area.

1. Deception Pass. We went there last fall, but would love to go back and play some more.

2. Pike Place. How sad is that? We have not been since we moved here. The only time I have been was before college when seven of my cousins (5)/sisters(2) and myself went to Downtown Seattle for a weekend....without any adults. Scary? Not at the time, but now, yes!

3. The Mukilteo Lighthouse. The lighthouse is open in the summer for tours, and it's next to a big park on the Sound.


5. Snoqualimie Falls.

6. Cabela's. Of course. With a new Cabela's about 60 minutes away, we just HAVE to go visit.

7. UW Campus. We have heard that the campus grounds are beautiful in the spring. So this one will have to be done soon.


9. Numerous trips to Jennings Park, Kayak Point State Park, and Wenberg State Park.

10. Hiking and enjoying the mountains around here!

Tyler also wants to go camping here:


*Sawtooth Mountains, Stanley Idaho


Or hunting here:

*I'm sure Tyler will correct me when he reads this. All I know is that this is where he usually hunts. Near Idaho-Wyoming Border.

I hope we can do all these activites, but I don't know how many trips to Idaho we can make in one year with the price of gas being what it is.

If anyone wants to come visit, tell us what you want to do and we'll have fun doing it!

15 comments:

The Two of Us said...

We wanted to come this wkend but I dont think we are gonna make it....we are trying to come sometime soon though. I want to go to Pikes Place and the Zoo too!

Kari said...

Seattle is so fun!! All those summer activites are making me jealous!

Brianne said...

I would like to add the Ballard Locks to your list. It's best late summer/early fall when the salmon are running. But anytime in the summer is good for boats and even if it's not during the big runs there are still fish. I think the boys would love the boats and the fish. They also have some flower gardens that you would probably enjoy.

The Mothership said...

Brianne, that does sound like fun! Thanks for the tip. I know they would love the boats and the fish. Tyler took them both down to the pier in Everett and they saw a whale-watching boat leaving. Kaden wanted to get on. :( He was pretty sad when he couldn't.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I'm so jelous. looks like you guy are very adveturous.

Anonymous said...

Would love to go on all your outings with you! Sure wish we could shorten the distance between here and there. It's great that you are planning such fun family adventures and making memories for Kaden and Jaren.

Anonymous said...

Would love to go on all your outings with you! Sure wish we could shorten the distance between here and there. It's great that you are planning such fun family adventures and making memories for Kaden and Jaren.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oops! I don't know how my comment ended up three times! Can comments be deleted?

Mandie said...

I am so jealous- so many options for fun activities over your way. We'll be in Salmon all summer, so if you want to come by and raft or kayak, come our way. You know you miss Rexburg... :)

Ben said...

We won't be out Seattle way, but at home we need to do something fun together, maybe go to Fish Hook park and camp. That's not too far away. I'm also trying to come up with a list of fun things to do. Heaven knows Ben doesn't have time for it! :)

Padilla Fam said...

hi, is this michelle? or shaunie? from byui? well hi, this is mariana, you mihgt rememember me from carriage house and bishop wakefield's ward, ne way, i saw your blog through danielle wolsey, and i thought it was cool how you meet up through people's blogs. just wanted to say hi. you can visit my blog:
http://thepadillafamilyblog.blogspot.com/ and say hello if you'd like. ne way, let me know if i can add you to my blog. thanks.

Kori said...

Nicole, this is Kori (Fish) from Pasco. I am not sure how I came across your blog, but here I am! You have an adorable family. If you go to Seattle check out the City Pass (you can buy it online or in Seattle). It gets you admission to five attractions (aquarim, a harbor cruise, the science center, the zoo, and the flight muesum) for really cheap. We did it last year and it was worth it. I think it pays for itself if you only go on two or three of the attractions.

Take care!

Dani W said...

I never realized how close you guys are to us. Too bad we are moving this monday. I wish we could have gone to hang out or something. Oh and by the way... Safeco has a mormon day! Just to let you know. lol. That is always fun.

Anna said...

UW is beautiful when the blossoms come out. Don't miss it!