Now, we're not the instant gratification kind of parents. So I told him, "Maybe for your birthday, okay?"
His argument was that the summer was too long and he couldn't wait for his birthday (which is in August). Granted, that is two months away, and I can kind of see his point.
So Tyler gets home from work, and Kaden starts working on Tyler. Tyler says the same thing about the birthday thing. Tyler decides to distract them and go for a bike ride. Clayton was already asleep by this point, so I stayed home.
Well, a few minutes later I look out the window because I can hear them and I'm not sure what to think.
Kaden is riding a scooter. What? Where did that come from? Huh? I was SO confused. Tyler found it in the trees down the street. Someone had ditched it. Everything worked fine, it was just a little rusty. So that became Tyler and Kaden's project over the next few days. Some sanding, spray paint, new handles and screws and he was good to go. So for a whopping $7 Kaden has a scooter. An answer to his prayers and pleadings.
Before (after sanding rust off the handle)
Now my question is, what do we get for his birthday?
5 comments:
Yay for Kaden! That is one happy kid!
That is great and what timing!
That's so awesome! Yay for thrifting! It was an inspired bike ride.
I can tell he couldn't be more proud...I bet your glad you didn't buy one. You can't beat free + work!
That is a snazzy scooter! You and your Dad are talented to be able to fix it up like new. Have fun and be careful.
Post a Comment