5.23.2014

Bathroom Progress

When we bought this home, this bathroom was kind of grimy. Soap scum in the shower, water damage to the subfloor next to the bathtub, and mold along the walls and ceiling above the shower. Yay?

I found a better picture - a true 'before'. :)

Kaden wanted to help with demolition. This whole project started because the toilet was broken. If it was flushed, the water would just run and run. So we took the toilet out, with plans to just put a new one in. I thought to myself, "You know, it would be a pretty quick project to replace the floor, since the bathroom is so small, and we already have the toilet out..." But I didn't say anything to Tyler.

About an hour later, he asked me, "So, do you think we should just replace the flooring in here while we have the toilet out?" I looked at him and said that I had just thought that. Then his eyes glazed over and he said he was just joking. But too late now!! 

After discussing it, we decided to just go ahead with new flooring. Neither one of us have much tiling experience, and we weren't planning on this project, but I'm glad that we decided to go ahead with it.

A dry fit, figuring out the layout that we wanted. This tile is off the shelf from Lowe's.

Freshly grouted. 

 All dry and looking pretty!

Having a new floor in here makes this space feel so much cleaner. The trim is still not up (did I say quick and easy project??) , but will be soon. We still need to paint (prime over the mold, then paint) and we will most likely trim out the mirror like we did to the ones in our last house. And then we can say that one space in this home can be "done". 
Might take us a year to get there, or more, but that's okay!

2 comments:

Anna R said...

Looks Gorgeous!! Yay for a finished project. :)

Kathy Martinsen said...

Love it-so refreshing! I especially like the tile lay out. You guys can do anything and do it well!