The 2nd and 3rd graders at the elementary school took a field trip to the beach a couple of weeks ago. Tyler took the day off and supervised a group of kids. They had a lot of fun, exploring new things. I'm not sure if they timed it this way or not, but there was an extreme low tide that morning, so they were able to see a lot of ocean life.
Lots and lots of Starfish!
Look at all those kids! It sure is beautiful, though!
Purple Sea Stars.
Geoducks (pronounced gooey duck) is a type of clam that they found all over the place. They spit water up out of the sand, so the kids would scramble to dig it up after they saw the geyser.
Some little baby eels.
Hiking trails up the bluff.
Sharing a seat on the bus ride home. They don't look anything alike, do they?
We have never been to this beach as a family, but I think I will put it on our summer to-do list.








2 comments:
Take us with you to the beach. Evelyn went on several field trips this year and thinks Kaden's was better. :) She says hers are always about history.
What an awesome field trip-no one could be bored! I would love to hold a star fish. Lucky Kaden to have his Dad go, also.
Post a Comment