5.02.2014

April ReCap

Breakfast Upside Down "cake" for his birthday. Yummy!

 Making bird's nests for Easter.

 Watching the propane tank get filled up.

 Someone LOVES shoes. Just a little bit. 

 Devon loved the Easter egg hunt. Clayton just stood there and watched. Totally shy about it all. He later said that he didn't hear anyone say, "Go!" so he didn't want to go. He gets completely overwhelmed in new situations and just shuts down. No one can reason with him. If I stay calm and hold him, eventually he may warm up, but sometimes not. He has had a lot of new things lately, so it's understandable.

Walking along the river a few miles from our house. This is the same river where the mudslide happened, about 10 miles upstream. The riverbank that we are walking on is slowly falling in to the river. The trail that used to be there has completely disappeared in some spots. Makes for a very nervous mommy when all they want to do is throw stuff into the river.

 Devon is waiting for Tyler to say, "Ready? Set. Go!" and then he turns around laughing and running to the other couch. This was a game for all of them one night before bedtime. It was cute to see Devon trying to get Tyler to say it, and being so patient.

We had a pretty crazy storm roll through last Sunday. Hail, lightning, thunder, pouring rain, wind, etc. The hail was bigger than any that I have ever seen up here. Devon had to go out and inspect, while the older boys were running through it. They quickly found out that it hurts, even though it wasn't that big. The biggest was maybe 3/8".

All the plants and flowers are just starting to come into bloom in the garden. I'm excited to see what is in the yard. I'll be sure to post pictures - especially of the wisteria that you see in the photo above. It's going to be beautiful!


3 comments:

Kathy Martinsen said...

I live for your blog posts. Yesterday during a lunch break from putting on new cedar shakes, I said, "I wonder what Tyler's family is doing?" Just love any news! The kids are making a new fort off the trail and having fun.

Anna R said...

Miss you guys!
The best part of that wisteria is that someone was smart enough to plant it on a sturdy arbor in the middle of the yard and nowhere near any "buildings". So you can enjoy the beauty without cursing it's growth. :)
Let me know when you're ready for visitors and I'll drop off J's journal.

shaunie said...

It's so green! Love three rolling hills picture when you were walking by the river. I hope we can come see it all this summer.