7.20.2012

Family Outdoor Day

Cabela's sponsored a Family Outdoor Day at the Evergreen Sportsman's Club south of Olympia. It was held on a Saturday, and was a day long event. It sounded fun, but I wasn't too excited about being outside all day, especially with how uncomfortable I am. However, I decided to just suck it up and go. And I'm glad that I went. It was a lot more low-key and relaxing than I thought. Not stressful like I was making it out to be. 
Of course. :)

 First up for the day was archery:



 Jaren got a bullseye, and a picture with Ray Howell, from Diamond Archery. His was the first bullseye of the day. This guy was awesome - so good with the kids, and really wanted to be there for the kids.


 Next up, shooting airsoft and .22's. The instructor there taught him how to load the gun and everything. He could do it by himself after only a few tries. I don't think he ever hit a target, but he had fun trying, can you tell?


The local muzzle-loader society was there, and this guy brought his gun that he modified for the kids to shoot. It was pretty fun!


And the most anticipated event of the ENTIRE day. Riding a golf cart. Seriously, if I had know that that was the only thing they really, really wanted to do, we could have driven 2 miles to the golf course, instead of 2 hours to this event. :)



Playing in the long grass. Tyler was shooting the sporting clay course. Clayton was small enough to hide in the grass, and he thought that was pretty cool!



The Fish and Wildlife team brought in a big tank with some BIG trout, and Clayton caught one! Just kidding. It was only about 10" long. But it looks bigger than Clayton, doesn't it? The trout in the tank were anywhere from 10" - 28".


We were all tired and worn out by the time the events were over. We came back to the main tent and sat down, waiting for the raffles and prizes to be given out, and Clayton just fell asleep sitting there. Poor kid.


 He got a pretty good nap in before it was time for dinner. The Northwest Dutch Oven society came and made a huge dinner for 300 people. Dutch oven spaghetti, beans, and pineapple upside down cakes. Oh, and the fish from the kiddie tank were cooked up as well. It was delicious!

Such a fun day that we had, and I'm glad my inner scrooge didn't get the better of me. I would have regretted it. 
We're hoping they do it again next year!

No comments: