We, well, Tyler really wanted to hike this trail again that we started here. Clayton was only 8 months old, and we only did the first half. So we decided to try it again. Little did I know that Tyler intended to do the whole thing, 6.5 miles roundtrip. He didn't tell me that, though, saying later, "If I had told you, I knew that you wouldn't want to go." Sneaky sneaky. And he's right. :)
Man down! Within the first mile...not looking good!
It was a little chilly, and Clayton was still recovering from his spill.
This used to be an old logging/mill area. A bunch of old "artifacts" are still laying around. The boys thought that was awesome.
That big mossy covered thing is the kiln that was built. It was pretty amazing to me how square it was, with just a bunch of random sized boulders.
It was huge! We are standing at the bottom of it.
Someone's legs are tired!
It finally warmed up enough that I could take my gloves off. And you can see my little belly...another boy coming in August!
We ended up hiking the whole 6.5 miles. Kaden and Jaren walked the entire trail, and Clayton did about 2/3 of it. Tyler and I were really impressed with how well they all did, but this is a relatively flat hike with little elevation gain, so it was pretty easy. Muddy and wet, but still a fun day in the mountains.
3 comments:
we need to do that hike. I remember you telling me about it when you first went. We still haven't made it out there. BTW your little belly is adorable! another boy!
Love your hiking adventures! And wish we could go too! Making special memories!
It's too bad we don't live closer, we do a lot of the same things and could be doing them together!!:)
Post a Comment