We started and (almost) finished a couple of projects -- new flooring in the laundry/half bath and painting the hallway.
I'm
so glad they are finally done. The bathroom looks and smells so much
better. No matter how hard I cleaned that floor, it always
smelled bad. When we removed the toilet and sink, we found the original vinyl underneath. I should have taken a picture because it was a beauty!
The flooring is floating vinyl planks. It was done in a day, and was pretty easy to install. Still working on trim...as you can see on the right side of the picture.
And the next project was our stairwell. Painting the hallway was a bit tricky. Tyler looks completely safe,
right? Crazy. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, partly
because I wasn't the one doing the scary stuff! But it went pretty
quick, and we have a whole gallon of leftover paint. Oops.
And the afters:
I re-stained the handrails. Much better than the orangey color before.
Cutting in around the carpeted stairs was SO FUN!!
Lots of tape and plastic and it looks good. Thankfully.
All natural light.
With the lights on.
Painting this area was one of those projects that I dreaded doing. I thought it was going to be SUCH a pain and we kept putting it off. But of course, it wasn't terrible, and it's done!

5 comments:
Wow! looks amazing! great job! i know how it feels to finally get something done! nice job!
looks great. I think my favorite picture is of tyler standing on the railing with one foot on the ladder. YIKES
The transformation of your home from almost 3 years ago is amazing & beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done!
So does that take care of your home improvement projects? That house looks a million times better than before.
It looks very nice!!:)
And nice elk...we have one of those too:)
Post a Comment