I miss summer.
I miss waking up, leisurely eating breakfast, doing the workbooks and then spending the rest of the day however we want.
Now, we wake up at 7:30 am to get everyone fed, Kaden's lunch made and on the bus by 8:45. Then it's time for Jaren to go to preschool. Clayton and I have just over 2 hours to (usually) get some errands done. Or I'm helping at preschool so I can't do errands. Then it's back home for lunch, naptime for Clayton, cleanup the house and spend time with Jaren. Then Kaden and Tyler get home, we eat dinner, have an hour (or less) and then bedtime. By the time dinner is over, Kaden is so exhausted that there is no way we could get any homework or reading time in within that hour. And then all those commitments that Tyler and I have of places to be in the evening. So family time is pretty limited throughout the week.
I don't like this.
I feel like our family has plunged into some sort of crazy, insanity-driven dimension.
And what can I change? Do I just need to adjust my way of thinking and try to make peace with life as we know now it? How does anyone possibly fit anything else in?
2 comments:
I hear ya. I honestly just let things slip to make room for family time. I keep Ethan home from preschool on the slightest chance that he's sick, and try not to plan anything for myself for the weekends so that can be our family time. Guess it is just one of those stages in our life.
That's us too. I was complaining to Ben about it yesterday. We're already looking forward to Christmas break. Does Jaren have to do preschool 3 days a week? Jilly only does 2, and I don't know if I'll keep doing it when January rolls around. I'm of the opinion that fall is the most psycho season of the year with all the holidays, school, people wanting to gear back up after their unscheduled summer, etc. It's crazy and I hate it too; we didn't grow up that way, and I think that's a huge factor in how I feel about a super-structured life. Evaluate your evening commitments. You may have to toss something. We've whittled it down to pretty much nothing for the rest of the year, until Ben has more free time. Find your balance. That top pic of the car seats is hilarious by the way.
Post a Comment