9.18.2011

Labor Day Weekend

My parents and three siblings came up for Labor Day weekend. Tyler and I went camping Friday night at Kelcema Lake. I roasted a Costco muffin over the fire because it was cold and I wanted a warm breakfast. Tyler doesn't think I'm weird, just strange. :)


Smoke from another camp floating out over the lake. The water is so still in the morning - it makes a really good reflection.


Next up was Mt Pilchuck.


We could see Mt Rainier to the south:

 

And Mt Baker to the north:


This is a gorgeous hike. Definitely want to do it again!

 

On Monday, we went to Deception Pass to try and catch some fish. But they weren't there, and we were unprepared for the fog and cold temperatures. Which is why I'm wrapped up in a swim towel.




 A hollowed out tree stump is great fun to play in!


Thanks to my family for coming! We enjoyed it, as usual! Thanks for letting us get away for a night without the kids. And for all your help getting this beast into our backyard. The boys are loving it!


2 comments:

shaunie said...

Was the muffin all toasty on the outside? Smoky-flavored? We saw a family roasting poptarts the only time we've camped, I thought that was an easy breakfast. Cool playground!

Brianne said...

You and Tyler went camping alone??? Awesome. The hike looked beautiful. I love the play set too, I bet the boys are having so much fun.