9.14.2011

antsy

For the last few weeks I have been feeling like I should be doing something, but didn't know what. I figured out that I just need a project to work on. Like I don't have enough to do, right? So I started a few projects this week. I had the thought, "I have got to DO something." Not do something like clean the floor or do the dishes. :)

-I'm painting an old window pane that I'm not sure what/where/or how I'm going to display it. On the wall? Make a mini cabinet? No clue. But it's going from honey brown to white.

-I'm trying to work on Kaden's room. He has a smattering of pictures on one wall, and some curtains I whipped up right after we moved in that are bright red with gold flowers. Not exactly 'boy' material. I'm hanging up a giant map. Also, planning some navy/dark blue curtains, or green with white stripes.

-Decorating our bedroom. I saw this on pinterest and like the idea. However, they use rub-ons. I was disappointed. It's just stickers? Seriously? Maybe the thrift store has a bunch of doilies I can dye/paint and use.

-Hopefully finishing the laundry/half bath this winter. Build a drying rack similar to this one shown below. And add some cabinets above the w/d to fill up some dead space. Seriously can't wait for this to be done!


Jaren started preschool yesterday and loves it. Kaden is gone all day, and still hasn't adjusted. The last few days have been harder for him than all of last week was. Doesn't help that he has a cold now, but that's not surprising. So with those two gone, hopefully I can get some of these projects done and move on, while spending as little money as possible. ha! Good luck to me!

4 comments:

shaunie said...

At first glance of the doily thing looks like those paper doilies you can buy in the party section, just painted. I don't know if those would paint well or not.

Good luck projecting! I feel like it's all I can do to think about sewing a dress I cut out a few weeks ago...

Amanda said...

The dollar store here has doilies, but not a large selction. So you might check there too.
I think the paper ones would work ok with modge-podge.
I wish we were there to switch kids and work on projects. B and Clayton would have so much fun :)

Eve said...

Or you could come over and help me with my projects, and then you don't have to spend any money. Win, win!

:)

Christy said...

I feel the same way right now. I need a project or something I enjoy to do when I'm not playing or doing something for the boys. When Ethan goes to school I have small bits of time. The problem is I don't have the skills like you do. Maybe someday...