We went for a hike on the 4th on the Boulder River trail. Tyler hiked here with the scouts a few months ago and wanted to take us on the trail.
The boys found a tunnel under a big tree. Jaren said, "It has windows mom!"
The waterfall behind me is really pretty.
Sorry I'm blocking the view. :)
The puppies had to come on this trail too. Originally we told them that they had to stay in the car, but that didn't happen. Jaren had to have his puppy's head sticking out for fresh air. Pretty cute.
Salmonberries were everywhere. Jaren and Clayton love them. I think they taste like a sour blackberry.
Water running down the backside of a felled tree makes a pretty nice drinking fountain. Check out his tongue!
I'm glad we have good little hiking boys. They are troopers.
3 comments:
Fun adventures... I love the dog. B would have a whole backpack of stuff to take :)...I hope she grows out of the pack-rat stage she's in. I
Salmonberries, huh? I've never heard of them. I can see where they get their name though. I first I thought he was holding a cluster of salmon eggs!
That is funny! That is a bummer we didn't see you--it's the same hike. We stopped at a tree tipped over just like that tree trunk in your pictures! Ha! :) Next time we should cooridinate better. :)
Post a Comment