4.18.2011

gardens are done!

Refer to this post if you want to see a before.

**this wasn't referred to in the first post, but my mom was asking how we fixed this.
 
There is a gap between the fence and the house that is perfect for little boys to squeeze through. Dangerous for Clayton. So we bought a trellis and attached it to the fence, but not the house. It allows air movement, a little more privacy, and it makes me happy. I planted a Clematis in front and the boys have not gone near it since. Success!!

These collage pictures are kind of weird, but I could not get a panoramic shot to work, so I had just to put them all together.
Start at the top left, then top right, then bottom left, etc.
 A view from the basement window. This gives you a better idea of what it looks like. Although, it really just looks like dirt and logs.
 
I transplanted my strawberries and blueberries into the first two sections, and my veggie garden is going in the center. 

This is the side yard on the outside of the fence. 
And again, "read" it just like the other collage.

The view from the driveway. I love how this turned out! 
Now I just wish my trees would bloom...

 It still needs shrubs and flowers, but I'm not in any hurry to get that done right now. I have plans drawn up and I know what I want to put where, so I'll just watch the sales.

3 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

I have some questions about apple trees. Do you know anything about planting those? We are designing our garden layout and I want to put some apple trees in back as well.

Catherine said...

love it! it will look amazing with everything growing! show us picks at harvest time!

Mom M said...

I'm impressed! It will be so awesome when those beds are full of veggies & beautiful blooming flowers, shrubs and trees. You are a talented gardener with lots of help from all your guys.