3.18.2011

raised beds

 Another work in progress - view from my bedroom. Not too pretty. Yet.

The previous owners used fence panels on our sloped backyard. Not a great idea. The gaps under the fence allow wildlife to come in, and kids to go out. So we're hoping that this project will fix that problem. We're not quite finished yet, but we need to be soon so that I can get the garden planted. As soon as we finish, we'll get a mountain of dirt to fill all of this in. Sounds fun, huh?


The wind and rain have been wreaking havoc with stuff in our backyard. Like camp chairs, and branches from our Christmas tree that the boys pulled out of the yard waste bin to make a cave with. 
Can I say spring cleaning?? Yikes!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks great. Can't wait to see what it looks like when your finished. Keep up the good work. We'll be trying to do the same come April 18thish :)

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

way to go! they're going to look awesome too. I hope we can get our garden building done soon too.

Mom M said...

Oh so jealous! I cant' wait to have some dirt to play in. Those raised beds look good. Town & Country Gardens has been having some classes on raised bed gardening (I haven't been to them).