Tyler and I took Kaden night skiing at Stevens Pass a few days ago. The little boys stayed with "Grandma Jenny" for the evening. :)
We rigged up this harness based off of one that we saw online, but didn't want to pay that much for. It connects to some straps around his boots, and was very good for helping him learn. We used the straps half a dozen times down the beginner runs, and then told Kaden that we would take the straps off the next time down, because he was doing really good. He got a little cocky that last run and crashed more on that one run than he did at any other point that night. The first time he crashed he looked at Tyler with this, "what just happened!?" expression on his face. It was pretty funny. He was humbled after that.
The first time we got on the lift, he noticed a jump that went right underneath us. "I want to do that!"
So the last run down, we went off some small jumps, s-l-o-w-l-y.
He was pretty fearless all night. It was definitely more scary for me, than it was for him. But that's the way it is with all little kids on the slopes. They just zip down the mountain.
We had a lot of fun - but it was pretty cold. About 25 degrees. So we would warm up going down, then sit on the lift and freeze. That was the only thing that I complained about. :)
If anyone is interested, I posted a video on our youtube.com channel. You can watch it here.
3 comments:
I saw your video the other day. He did awesome! I think it is great you guys did that with him. I think it would be fun to teach our kiddos to ski. But unfortunately I don't really know how all that well and my snowboarding skills are still "beginner"
That was just plain amazing. You have a natural there!
Looks so fun. Almost makes me want to try skiing again! Brings back lots of fun memories.
Post a Comment