3.02.2011

powder

Last week we had two snow days from school, no church and a blizzard. I felt like we weren't living in Seattle anymore! But we're back to normal with lots of rain and wind today. Kind of a bummer, because we love the snow!

We drove up the Mountain Loop Highway on Saturday afternoon to go play. There was about 12" of powder sitting on top of old snow and we had a blast. Tyler and the big boys wore their snowshoes, while I pulled Clayton around in the sled. Sleds don't work very well in deep powder. :) So we tried to just walk most of the way. It would have been easier to crawl, in some places.

 I had a snow fight with Clayton (too dry for snowballs). I won. He laughed hysterically every time the snow hit him.

 And I "dropped" him in the snow and this is what happened.

He wasn't a big fan of that.

"Get me out of here!!"

 Kaden wanted us to bury him in the snow. So he fell straight back, landing in the fluffy snow and then we buried him, sand-box style.

 Here is me: laying back into the snow. See all that snow flying? I love powder.

Clayton loved it! We were out there in the snow for almost 2 hours and none of the boys complained once. It was perfect. It was cold enough that the snow wasn't melting, meaning we stayed dry and warm.

The fun had to end eventually, so we headed home with smiles on our faces.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

very fun! Where did you get the kid's snowshoes?

Amanda said...

Wow, Rick would've loved to have been in on that fun. His snow/snowmobiling fun has been limited this year. I'm glad your boys love it. We love to see your adventures.

Niki Lintvedt said...

What a fun day!