1.21.2011

leeks and quinoa


I made Quinoa Chili from here
I'm going to try adding some chili powder next time. 
Tyler said, "It was good, but it didn't really taste like chili."
**I just made it again last night (two months later), and added Chili Powder. It was better.
 For more info about quinoa, go here.

And Potato Leek Pizza from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook. 
So so good. Seriously, you have to try it to believe how good it is.
The whole family loved it. 
The only thing I didn't use was goat cheese. 
I've never had it, so... maybe in the future I'll get brave enough to try it.

**I originally started this post two months ago. And then forgot about it. 

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I think that the goat cheese would be very good on the pizza. The texture is different than "regular" cheese but you should try it.

Mom M said...

Aunt Jenay uses Quinoa all the time. I have never tried it, but need to. I'll have to give her the recipe. I'm not so brave trying new recipes!

k and p said...

AHHHH! I was SO excited to see this quinoa recipe I almost squealed with delight! I love Love LOVE quinoa. I was trying to come up with a dish for dinner just a few minutes ago (and decided to put it off by blog perusing...lol) and found this on your blog. It worked out perfectly! THANK YOU!!!!

By the way, goat cheese is good. Its kind of a tangy, soft cheese IMO. I shared a pizza with P that had goat cheese on it at a Biaggi's in SLC once-we both loved it! (Not sure it is really kid friendly though, depending on your boy's tastes) :) Miss you guys <3