2.06.2011

snowshoeing

annual snowshoeing trip.
 this year we went up to snoqualmie pass on a guided tour offered by the forest service. we really had no idea what to expect, but i think we were all really happy with the day. we would have liked to had a little more of a challenge, with more distance, but all things considered, it was a good day.

 meeting smoky the bear! I think we're going to take to kids up there another weekend so they can have the thrill of meeting him.  they'll probably be so scared that they won't want to get close to him. ha!

 inside smoky's cave where he hibernates. it was huge - and very well built.
 I would feel safe sleeping in here.

 not sure what this waterfall is called, but it was beautiful. we crossed quite a few creeks on snow bridges, all of which came from these falls.

snow piled high along the roadside. there was only about 5' of snow up in the hills where we were hiking.
 a lot of fun, and a great group of people. can i go back tomorrow?

4 comments:

Rach and Clark said...

I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to go snowshoeing so badly! Looks like you had a really great time!

Mom M said...

So glad you got to have a day of fun with your friends! The fresh air, exercise and being out in nature would be a real treat. I want to meet Smokey too!

Amanda said...

Tyler said you were able to do this again...looks like lots of fun. We finally got some snow in our yard last night. It has been pretty sparse the last few weeks.

shaunie said...

Looks cold! My kids want to play in some snow so bad. :)