1.21.2011

new recipes


I made Coconut Banana bread last week. Seriously, the BEST banana bread I have ever had. The only bad thing: the recipe only makes one loaf. Maybe that's a good thing? Because I pretty much ate that whole thing by myself. 

(I substituted apple juice for the rum)



Another recipe I tried last week was Chocolate Hazelnut Pancakes (aka Nutella Pancakes).  They were really good! Not as chocolaty as I was expecting, but better than original pancakes. Instead of making the raspberry sauce, I just used homemade raspberry jam.




Chocolate Hazelnut Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1-1/4  cups  all-purpose flour
  • 2  tsp.  baking powder
  • 1/4  tsp.  salt
  • 1/4  cup  chocolate-hazelnut spread (Nutella®)
  • 1    egg
  • 1  Tbs.  sugar
  • 1-1/4  cups  milk
  •   Canola oil
Directions 1. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In another bowl whisk together the chocolate-hazelnut spread, egg, and sugar until combined. Whisk in milk until combined. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and whisk until nearly smooth (it's ok if there are a few lumps).
2. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet or onto the griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn when edges look dry and bubbles appear across the surface. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until browned on the bottom.
3. Serve with Raspberry Sauce. Makes about 10 pancakes.
Raspberry Sauce: Place 1 12-ounce package frozen raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium saucepan, breaking up berries with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat until bubbly. In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch until combined. Add to berry mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve warm with pancakes. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.

recipe here.
Have fun baking!!

3 comments:

Anna R said...

YUM!!
Have you seen the Nutella Banana Bread recipe?? It's been on my list of recipes to try for a while now...

Anna R said...

Here's a recipe link
http://lindstewfoodies.blogspot.com/2010/01/nutella-swirled-banana-bread.html

:) Anna Lisa

Eve said...

I'll have to try the coconut banana bread. I've gotta use up that Cash n' Carry coconut!