I did have to get the boys occupied with something else while I cut up the squash so that they wouldn't see what I was putting in the stock pot. When Kaden was done eating, I had a piece of squash on the spoon and asked him what it was. He looked at me and said, "A potato." I told him, "Nope, it's squash!" He had the funniest look on his face like he was trying to figure out what I had done. "You ate squash, and you liked it! That is so cool!" I told him. And then he smiled and said that next time I made squash I should do the same thing. :) Yes, I result to trickery to get my kids to eat certain foods. I am not ashamed.
10.25.2010
Squash and Chicken Stew
I did have to get the boys occupied with something else while I cut up the squash so that they wouldn't see what I was putting in the stock pot. When Kaden was done eating, I had a piece of squash on the spoon and asked him what it was. He looked at me and said, "A potato." I told him, "Nope, it's squash!" He had the funniest look on his face like he was trying to figure out what I had done. "You ate squash, and you liked it! That is so cool!" I told him. And then he smiled and said that next time I made squash I should do the same thing. :) Yes, I result to trickery to get my kids to eat certain foods. I am not ashamed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love it!
Post a Comment