I have been trying quite a few new recipes lately since we joined a produce co-op a few months ago. The recipes we loved will be posted on here. Maybe I'll make a habit out of sharing the things we like, and some of the things we don't like.
So, to start things off, this is a recipe that I kind of made up. If you make it, I would appreciate feedback!
Bruschetta Soup
1/2 pound sausage - probably Italian. I'm not sure. I got it from my parents' farm.
3 cups chicken broth - or 3 cups water with 3 bouillon cubes
4 cups vegetables - potatoes, carrots, roasted zucchini and yellow squash, broccoli, cauliflower, celery...pretty much whatever you like!
2 fresh tomatoes
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 sprig fresh basil leaves
Mozzarella/Parmesan cheese
Fry sausage until browned and crumbled. (Roast squash now if you are adding it. To roast, drizzle in olive oil, spread on a baking sheet and put in a 400' oven until browned.)
Slowly add the chicken broth. Add veggies, but not tomatoes, and simmer about 10 minutes. Peel and dice the tomatoes and add to the pot. You can sub canned tomatoes, but if you do, you will miss out on the magic! Seriously! Fresh tomatoes just...dissolve, or something, and it turns the broth into this beautiful soup. So just use fresh. :) Simmer until dissolved and then sprinkle in pepper and tear basil leaves. Simmer for a few minutes longer. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with cheese, and serve with crusty bread. Delicious!!
*I know I should have a picture, but I don't. Sorry. Next time I make it...promise.
1 comment:
That sound delicious! I think even my non soup loving family will like it.
Post a Comment