So, this is a lot of background to a very funny story. While we were in Idaho, Jaren slept in a spare room that had a picture of Tyler's Grandpa Johnson (so Jaren's great-grandpa) on the wall. The first night we were there, he was asking Tyler who that was as he was going to bed. And he wanted to know why we didn't visit him. So, the next afternoon, we went to the cemetery where he is buried. We were explaining (or trying to) that the cemetery is a special, sacred place where people are buried after they die.
I was laughing so hard, and I still am! It was totally such a matter of fact with him.
No emotion whatsoever.
Sitting around the campfire one night, Jaren said out of the blue,
"Grandpa, do we have to pay for this camp?"
After we all stopped laughing, he replied,
"No, we don't. This is Idaho."
SO true.
Showing the boys Uncle Jeff's buck. This was the night that Jaren looked up at the sky and noticed how many stars there are. With all the city lights and clouds, we just don't see them here. He was mesmerized. Then, one night out at camp, he asked me, "Mommy, do the stars come out of the fire?"
I am shocked at the things he asks about sometimes. It's amazing.
An afternoon drive to Sherman Peak. The day we picked huckleberries.
These three characters... Jaren and B (their cousin) were so funny to watch. She would chase him all over the place yelling "Jennen!!" and pull him to the ground. Of course he loved it, most of the time. :) Until they crashed on top of each other. And Kaden would join the fray and chase her, as well.
(the boys are in matching shirts because we took family pictures. I can't wait to show them to you!!)
Underage driver at the controls!
Jaren calling them in, and Kaden ready to shoot. :) The last night before we left, Tyler and Grandpa took them on their own little hunting trip. It was the highlight of their vacation.
4 comments:
so fun! I love IDAHO! What a great place to grow up! I love the questions your boys asked. So cute! And so happy you wrote them down.
I can't wait for Clayton to go with Steve and Grandpa on thier first hunting trip. I am so excited!
Love all the pictures, and the funny story! It had me laughing!:) Hope you don't join the grave for a LONG time! The hunting ones were fun too, Lexi just got her first bow last Christmas!:)
The first time we went camping in Utah, I was completely blown away that we had to pay to camp. Pay? To go camping? One spot was $15 for a TENT... Being back in Idaho, it feels so much better to just find a beautiful spot and set up camp- without a fee box.
Post a Comment