We had the opportunity to go to the Vancouver Temple Open House on Saturday. As soon as we got directions from my brother (who I had to call after we left because I didn't do it) we were on our way. Yeah, Tyler is NOT going to let me live that down.
In my defense, I had a lot of things to get ready. Passports, birth certificates, etc.
The gardens around the temple are always so beautiful. I love the combination of yellow, white and pink tulips and daffodils.
The inside of the temple is gorgeous - as all of the temples are. While we were on the tour, I kept hearing people say, "this is so beautiful!" One man told his wife as we were walking out of the temple, "well, this is the last time you'll see this."
At that point it hit me.
I am SO grateful that I can go back to the temple. Again and again, and as often as I want. To feel the love, the peace, the serenity. To know that I will always be with my family.
I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
5 comments:
Yea! I'm glad that you got to go with your family. It is such a beautiful temple.
Loved your post, Nikki! Made me teary and too ever grateful to be able to return often to the temple as well. Thanks for sharing, soooo sooo beautiful!
Wow, crossing country lines to go to the temple open house! IT is beautiful... looks a lot like the one we have here in Twin Falls! Love the flowers pic!
We are so lucky to attend the temple, aren't we!
I'm sure that Tyler's not going to let you live it down due to the fact that I got him "lost" in Kennewick while trying to find the Big Five Sporting Goods store. Did Tyler questions that I gave you because of that?
Post a Comment