3.08.2010

last week

Jaren has finally got the hang of riding his bike.
It took him a while to get the rhythm down, but now he is a pro!
This is Jaren's "I know you're watching me and I'm going to act like I don't notice" face.


Kaden loves the wagon and taking Clayton for rides.

Notice our partially finished retaining wall in the background (the offending bricks) along with some new trees. I got such a great deal on these trees. Less than $100 for both and they are over 10' tall! Thank you Costco!

Every time I found a big rock while digging the holes, Kaden would say, "Oh Mom! You are so lucky! You found a big rock!"

Like a won the lottery or something...



This boy is 9 months and crawls backwards really well. No forward movement...yet.



And we had a fun visitor. A doe! The boys thought it was awesome, to say the least. Not once while the deer was in our yard did they say anything about shooting it. A few hours later, though, Jaren did say, "we should shoot it!" Umm...how about no.

Now the boys want a pet deer in our yard. :)

11 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

fun! I can't wait to see your trees and retaining wall. I still haven't been able to get Kiera to ride her tricycle by herself. She refuses to pedal. Hopefully one of these days.

Jaci said...

Aren't deer just beautiful!!!! I'm so glad they come and visit your yard too. We still get excited when we see them. Your wall looks so nice! Great job, Martinsens!!

Amanda said...

Glad your getting some yardwork done(I'm still wishing winter away here in Utah). I wish I could've seen the Pilot full of those bricks!

Jenny-Jenny said...

I'm really tempted to go get one of those trees. What a deal.

Grandma M said...

Way to go, Jaren! It's amazing to see kids wearing shorts and no coats this time of year! How exciting to have a visit from a deer! I'm jealous you are able to be working in the yard already. By the way, that finger was pretty sad looking.

The Two of Us said...

Just thought you should know....you are an amazing mom and I look up to you for that:) Miss you!

Britt said...

HAHAHAHHA oh that is cute.

Brian & Stephanie Gates said...

love the tricycle...maybe it's time to get Preston one?

Ben said...

I love the one of Jaren on the bike, great face. Also, Clayton in the wagon, great smile. And Kaden, good times man, good times.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

The first thing I noticed was your nice weather and GRASS..we're slowly getting there! Jaron is so cute on his bike, and the doe is fun...we get that but moose instead and it never gets old for the girls...they even ask the same question "can we shoot it!"

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Sorry just realized I published my comment before I caught my mistake of spelling Jaren's name wrong...plus I'm nursing Bladen and trying to type with one hand..that doesn't help either!