I survived a killer snowshoe trip that I went on over the weekend.
Wow. I still can't believe I did it.
Seven miles.
2600 feet of elevation gain.
We topped out at 5,040 feet.
It was tough, but so awesome. I can't wait for another trip next year!
But if you were to ask me while I was hiking, I would have said,
"I am NEVER doing this again!"
But it was good - something hard that I wasn't sure I could do, but now I feel so great knowing I can do hard things!
About one mile up the trail we could see Cle Elum Lake.
And I thought this was pretty.
But I didn't know what waited at the peak!
Hex Mountain Trail head. This is where it got tough!
Wow. I still can't believe I did it.
Seven miles.
2600 feet of elevation gain.
We topped out at 5,040 feet.
It was tough, but so awesome. I can't wait for another trip next year!
But if you were to ask me while I was hiking, I would have said,
"I am NEVER doing this again!"
But it was good - something hard that I wasn't sure I could do, but now I feel so great knowing I can do hard things!
About one mile up the trail we could see Cle Elum Lake.
And I thought this was pretty.
But I didn't know what waited at the peak!
Hex Mountain Trail head. This is where it got tough!
It was so pretty -- we have hardly had a winter here,
so it's nice to know that winter still exists!
so it's nice to know that winter still exists!
It was really windy and snowy, can you tell?
The weather was pretty perfect. Windy at the peaks, and snowy, and then it poured on us for a little while walking down. Wait, that doesn't sound so perfect, does it? Well, it could have been a lot worse! It was so wonderful to be outdoors, with good company and to get a break from the cowboys. The wonderful husband of mine deserves big kudos for agreeing to let me go!
4 comments:
Congratulations to you! I've only been snowshoeing with you guys and that one mile we went was hard enough. I wouldn't have done what you did! It sure looks pretty. It's been 75 degrees here the last few days and it's just so weird that we're technically in "winter."
You rock! That looks like quite an adventure. Thanks for sharing the pictures! We miss you!
Wow! I think I would've had a heart attack, but it looks like the views were worth it. I'm glad you got a little break from the kiddos. Did you do it for Relief SOciety? I recognize one person from the ward. Love ya
Good for you. Looks like an adventure, I know what you mean about it being cooler when you're at home sitting in you comfortable house.
Post a Comment