I think it's adorable.
I was being mischievous yesterday and did this:
Tyler doesn't like it. He says it looks like clutter on the walls. So I'm asking your opinions.
Be honest, but not brutally. Tyler took care of that already. Ha! I can always count on him to be honest.
Is it too much? Not enough? Too busy? I don't necessarily think that everything has to be matchy-matchy.
I was going to put some greenery/twigs on top of the mirror under the vinyl sign, but didn't get to it before I snapped the picture.

10 comments:
I like it, but I think that if you put a central picture on each side and then put pictures around those, I think that would look good too! But, it is your house!
Personally I like that kind of wall. Keeping the other walls more simple will help it feel purposeful. If you look at the 'Boutique' style of decor, you'll see that this is right along that line. Good Job.
My experience with husbands is that if you let him control a wall somewhere he will still feel part of things and more accepting of what you do EVERYWHERE else.
P.S. Thanks for your help the other day. It looks great out there!
Clayton has grown so much! Such a cutie. I love picture collages on walls. It's a fun way to display a lot of stuff. I do find it helps if they tie together somewhat though--usually by sticking to a single color of frame or a theme (black and metals for example). We often spray paint frames to match what we want. Each frame is different, but then it ties together. Looks like you're having fun though! It's always fun to try out new decorating things.
I LOVE IT! Tell Tyler that it will grow on him... or you can take the other road and say "ok, you fix it then".. We did this at my house and Tyler is now the decorator.. wherever we move, he puts the stuff on the walls...
I think it looks good. To tie it together more you could use only one color frame. My mom has had great luck spray painting frames lately, they look great.
I think it looks fine. You might try though to make all the frames more uniform. My personal favorite and easy way is just to spray paint them all the same color. Maybe then Tyler would like it better.
I like it. I think the right side (when you're looking at it) may be sloping down more than the other side making it look lower, but that could just be the angle you took the picture. I like the painting frame Idea. I don't think things need to be matchy matchy either. Maybe go with all different colors of wood frames. I like your little Love one Another sign, but I think if you put up a larger one that maybe spans across the whole cabinet and extends out above the picture a little it will tie the whole thing together.
The greenery you said you'd put on top of the mirror will add balance, and it needs to be more than just a vine on top, it should be rather bushy and thick to keep the whole arrangement/wall from looking looong. Is it just the pic angle, or is Brigitte right about the sloping effect? It looks like the two pics on the right end need to come up just an inch or two. All just my opinion though!
Clayton is so adorable....I'm sure your other two little guys taught him how to do that! haha
As for the pictures....I used to have a wall like this that Brian hated as well. Someday when I have a house Brian can have his ownlittle room and decorate it how he wants,but momma gates has first say in everything else!
I agree with the other posts that it would help to paint all the frames. If it were me I would paint the hutch and picture frames white.
Good luck!
I still think Tyler's elk mount would look wonderful on the wall and would tie everything else together.
Post a Comment