9.18.2009

for real now

I feel a little bad. My bro-in-law has been suggesting that we hang Ty's elk in the peak on the wall. I photo-shopped it in this morning for him. I couldn't resist!

Jaren was convinced. He kept asking me who brought the elk to our house.

This is what it really looks like.

Tyler thinks the elk looks good there (in pictures), but we don't want it hanging over our heads as we're eating dinner. So it's not going to go there. We don't even know for sure if we are going to bring it home from Idaho.


A straight on shot (hello!).

Thank you to everyone who left suggestions! I painted most of the frames black. I really like how they look against the brown wall. I moved some of the frames around to even it up a bit. And I LOVE the fall leaves.

I don't know as I'm in love with it, though. For now, this is how it will be. It's better than nothing!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, well well, you sure got me :) I like your table centerpiece too. Have a good day tomorrow!

Jaci said...

It looks great, Nicole. I'm a tweaker and so I believe in changing things around all the time. Keeps things interesting. Yes, love the fall leaves!! Great job! So fun to see you enjoying your home. :)

shaunie said...

Arharhar. The elk is awesome. Of course Jaren would want it there. I like the new look. Give it time, you may love it more later.

Jenny-Jenny said...

Funny!!! The elk looked so real! Good work on the wall!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

you are funny. I saw the elk posting first before the "real thing" and was like, Ok? And Could still tell since the elk was "hanging" at the wrong angle to the wall. But I do like the finished product. I love fall colors!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I have been meaning to get my fall leaves put up too. Oh and From straight on the pictures look totally even so it must have been the camera angle... good work Nicole. We have lived here for about 3 months and I still don't have things hung on my walls.