8.17.2009

feeding the cows




Whenever we visit my parents, the first thing the boys ask to do is feed the cows. Regardless of what time it is when we get there. They sit on the back of the truck and throw handfuls of hay off while someone slowly drives around the pasture.

*********************

Last weekend I was pulling weeds and raking some dead grass out. The boys gathered their dump trucks to load up the piles I was making. Usually they take it to the corner of the yard where our compost bin is. They did that for a few minutes, and then I see Jaren pushing his truck all over the yard while throwing out handfuls of weeds and grass.

"What are you doing, Jaren?" I asked, almost getting upset. Only because he was making more work for someone (probably me) to do.

"I'm feeding my cows!" he replied.

Okay, I said. Laughing and loving his imagination.

6 comments:

Anna R said...

How cute! That actually was one of the stories Jaren told me on Sunday...it makes so much more sense now (He kept talking about feeding cows and a truck at Grandma's). I LOVE being with him in Nursery!! Our conversations and his stories just make my Sundays.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Don't you just love little boys?

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

How fun. I used to love to feed the cows at my grandma's too.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

You're such a good mommy? My first reaction would probably be to get upset. And then never knowing what he was really up too. You are such a good example

Brian & Stephanie Gates said...

ahh don't you love those moments.....how as a mom you can feel like they're making you pull your hair out and then they pull a fast one on you like that to make you smile....happens all the time!

Jenny-Jenny said...

I'm so glad you asked first. What a cute boy!