8.10.2009

camping at mt rainier


We took off last Wednesday night and headed to Mt Rainier to go camping and hiking. After getting stuck in traffic in Seattle, we finally made it to the campground around 9 pm. The next morning we hiked to Silver Falls - 2.4 miles round trip.




look at this huge rock!!
We came back for lunch at the campground and then drove to Paradise. We were not greeted with awesome views of the mountain as we had hoped. We were in thick, cold, drizzly fog.


We saw some deer, and dealt with grumpy kids who had fallen asleep on the way there.

But the meadows of wildflowers are gorgeous!


This little guy was a champ!He slept just like he does at home -- only waking up to eat once.
And it wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be.

He also had his two month check-up last week:
12lbs 10 oz and 23.5" long (75th percentile).


And this kid??
See his grubby little hands? And no, it's not chocolate.
I gave up trying to wash them. He didn't like the taste of dirt.


We woke up Friday morning to threatening clouds and VERY tired kids. We planned on going to the Grove of the Patriarchs and Sunrise, but weren't going to try it with the grumpiness. So as we packed up, Kaden said, "I just want to go to Grandma's house and have fun."

And they did have fun, with the best uncle ever.
Ryan is my not so little brother, and they boys just love him.
(And his airsoft gun.)


We also went to the wedding for my younger sister.
I wish I could have a bunch of nice things to say about it, but I don't.
Just that I love her and hope she can find happiness.

I love going home and attending the CB ward. So many lovely, kind people.
It always feels like home, no matter how much it has changed.
I'm glad we can go back and visit so often!

13 comments:

Mom, Grandma M said...

It's amazing the memories you are making for your children. What a great camping adventure and cool pictures. Would love to have a s'more with Jaren in spite of the not so clean hands!

Ben said...

I dig the picture of the three boys in the camping chairs. Three little Tylers!

Desiree said...

I loved your pics. Your little one is so cute, and your two older ones remind me of Kyleigh when she camps. We call her pig pen. :) Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Brian & Stephanie Gates said...

there'something about that picture of the boysin the camping chairs....i love clayton's face!

you look great as always,i can't believe you carried that baby around for 2.5 miles....

it looks like you still had fun, and that's what matters.

I just got your announcement,clayton is such a sweetie! ;)

Catherine said...

wait... wedding.. when did this happen.. huh?

Anonymous said...

Way to go on carrying little Clayton around. It looks like you guys had fun at first, but I know that can change very quickly. You are very brave for taking 3 little boys camping over night.

Riggs Familia said...

What?! You said sister? Did Lyndsey get married?

Anonymous said...

Camping is crazy with little ones. If we go, I always think "Why are we doing this??", and then we get there and it is worth it. Looks like it was fun despite tired kids!

And wedding? Lyndsey, Heather?? I didn't even know there was an upcoming wedding! Who got married, and to whom??!

Jeff said...

I think that Tyler's elk head would fit just right on that big wall of yours. After you hang it up, it won't feel quite so big.

Clair and Tracy said...

Clayton is so cute! Thanks for letting me hold him. I love when our nieces and nephews come home to visit.

Grandma Haystack said...

The pic of Mt. Rainier is a gorgeous one. Timing is everything. What a beautiful world we live in. Glad you are making time to go enjoy it. We are glad you can visit often too. See you soon.

Lyndsey said...

Just for everyone's information, Lyndsey did not get married!

The Greenacres said...

Hey!
Some great pictures. Josh wants to climb Mt. Rainer I think it is above 14,000 feet yeah I'm not ready for that one yet. Your adventures inspire me.