8.10.2009

attempts


I need help with this wall...it is HUGE. I feel like the mirror needs two smaller frames on either side...maybe some plant/flower images. I'm not sure. I could do a lot of different things here...any ideas? (definitely replacing the lighting fixture)

And the rest of the main level I am happy with...for now.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

For that one barren wall, if you haven't done it yet, put pictures of family up there. Some of you kids, you two and then a family picture! I think that would look good!

Brianne said...

Your house looks great! In the dining room you could maybe do some candle sconces or something. Or little vase like sconces with flowers.

Ben said...

You could blow up that picture of me that I sent you and Tyler a few years back and cover the whole wall with it. :) Ben 5 - Tyler 4.

Brian & Stephanie Gates said...

i think the wall is a great place for kid stuff.

when brian was little his mom had a wall in their kitchen that she posted stuff the boys would draw and if it was halloween or christmas for example they would all help "decorate"

if you can't find anything to put on the wall, i'm as clueless as you are, there's always little pieces of art everywhere from the boys i'm sure....it might be fun, who knows?

shaunie said...

Haha honey (to above comment). I really don't think that would be appropriate. :D

My idea for that huge wall - put an ivy or pine swag above the mirror - that will take up some vertical space, and add some color. And you definitely need something on the sides,like frames (not in wood color) in a vertical set of three. Just blow up some pics that you like of you guys in the outdoors. I see your "Be" plaque on the table, you could put that (or a big clock) high, high up on the wall above the mirror and greenery, a bigger unit to take up all that space. ANYWAY. Holy long post batman!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

My Idea is a giant Clock. You know the earthy crackled ones.

Grandma Haystck said...

I know what you need on that wall, a Quilt. Right below the Elk.(:. You might need scaffolding to get it up there, but something to soften the edges a bit.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

Vinyl lettering above that shelf would look cute. You could do a cute kitchen saying or a family motto. I have the hook up for you if you want :)

The Greenacres said...

Maybe some walls sconces with flowers or a spary over the top of your shelf/ mirror. It will come to you. Your house looks great!