My wonderful husband got lots of yard work done, while I pretty much just stood there occasionally helping. This is my favorite thing that "we" did this weekend. All those rocks were just laying around or were dug up with the weeds. You would think we lived in Idaho with all the rocks we are finding!
Now I need to figure out which plants I want in there. So many choices...
I finally have some veggies planted. A little late, definitely, but hopefully we'll get some produce by the end of the summer. It feels good to have that done - and it looks much better with the lawn edged out against the house. Tyler is awesome. It would have taken me forever to do that.
before:
We have a corner of the yard that is the designated digging spot. The boys are loving it. Now I just need to get them trained to not dig anywhere but here. :) Wish me luck.
I had my 39 week appt this morning. Finally some progress - the doc said, "I'd be surprised to see you back here next week." We'll see. Both the boys were late -- I can hope I go sooner though, right?
11 comments:
So you moved!.. are you guys renting or did you buy?.. the yard looks great! I am sure it is killing you not to be able to do your own yard work (ok so i am sure you don't mind Tyler pulling the weeds) but planting your own plants is something I know you would enjoy... What are you doing in your vegetable garden? 1 week left!(hopefully!) good luck!
I LOVE that you have a designated digging area. Your yard is looking great.
I really hope that you don't have to go to your scheduled appointment next week! Can't wait to see the new little one! I hope all goes well.
Oh I love the yard improvements... what a good idea with the river rock!!! You guys did a great job... dont worry someone has to stand and point. lol... that is pretty much all I can do know too. Minimal help but mostly standing there and pointing where I want things to go lol.
Free rocks are always good as long as they can be put to good use and you did! Can't wait to see what you plant there. It's looking good!
How resourceful you are using all those rocks, and they do look like they belong in Idaho. I like the wandering river look you gave the rocks and edging.
Be nice to Tyler's back!!!!
Your yard is looking great! I completely understand the designated digging area- Trevor has discovered a fascination with digging in my pots... We will see how many of these pretty flowers get to bloom :) I might have to borrow your idea!
The yard looks great and it looks like the boys are in heaven in their corner. Glad to hear you are progressing...can't wait to hear the news!
Love ya,
Amanda
What fun! Your yard is looking awesome. I love the way you did your river rock. I want to line along the addition with rock for about 2' out-wish I had a bunch back that we got rid of! Everything is so green now and I love the therapy of digging in the dirt even if it is only to get rid of weeds. Hope you get to see the doctor next in the hospital-we are looking forward to the exciting phone call!
Hey! It's Kristan Johnston. Thanks so much for all the info on my bird situation. I will definitely be trying some (if not all) of the things you mentioned. Whatever I can do to save my dreams of fresh vegetables this summer. Looks like you are having a baby any day now. Good luck! It's fun that you and Shaunie will have babies so close together. You look great too! Just like Shaunie...can't even tell you are 39 weeks pregnant! New babies are so fun...hope everything goes great!
I love your rock design, it softens the straight lines of the walk.
My girl friends 5 year old recently tore up her garden then raked and swept it clean. His reason...he needed more dirt to play in and was tired of just the one little spot mom gave him.
Post a Comment