
1. Where did you first meet your hubby?
I saw him before he saw me. ;) He was giving a talk in church shortly after the fall semester started. That night we had sweet swap/dessert social at his apartment. He was cute, I thought. And he tells me now that he thought I was too cool for him. Silly boy. :)
2. What do you remember about him the most?
I remember his red hair and his smile. It still gets me.
3. Who asked who out first?
our first date
Well, he asked me out on a date on a Sunday evening for the following Saturday. We had known each other two weeks I think. While he was at my apartment, some other guys that I had met the previous week came over to see me. Awkward. So he left. Of course I felt bad so I called him and invited him to go Stadium singing (in Rexburg a bunch of people used to meet under the bleachers in the stadium and sing hymns on Sunday evening). So, technically, he asked me out first.
4. What did you do on your first date?
We went to a stocked pond in the middle of some farmer's field north of Rexburg. We went fishing, had tinfoil dinners and a bonfire. It was fun.
5. What was your favorite thing to do together while you were dating?
Hmm...we would walk. To the park, to Milhollow in 15' weather (and he was a little miffed that I bought hot chocolate instead of ice cream!), and we would sit and talk after climbing 'R Hill'. Fun times.
6. When was your first kiss with your sweetheart?
Probably within a week of really dating - we had known each other 6 weeks, maybe. We were watching a movie at his apartment with his roommates, and at one point I turned to look at him and we were sitting so close that it would have been really weird to NOT kiss. So we did.

7. Who said it ( I love you ) first?
Probably him. That's how our whole relationship was. He always knew what he wanted to do, but I took longer to decide. (It's still that way.)
8. When did you first realize you loved him?
After we had been apart for two weeks over Christmas break. This was the first time we hadn't seen each other in that long, and I missed him so much! At that point, I knew I couldn't be without him in my life. Shortly after this, we decided to get married.

1. It was sunny! We got married in Portland at the end of April, so it was still rainy season. The night before it was pouring and pouring rain. When we went to the temple in the morning, it was cold and cloudy, but when we came out it was beautiful!
2. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all our family members that were able to come. I am so glad they made the drive all the way there, on a school/work day no less! It was beautiful to have so many people around us that loved us. To have them all in the temple, while Tyler and I both just cried because we felt so much love and happiness, was amazing.
I remember his red hair and his smile. It still gets me.
3. Who asked who out first?
our first dateWell, he asked me out on a date on a Sunday evening for the following Saturday. We had known each other two weeks I think. While he was at my apartment, some other guys that I had met the previous week came over to see me. Awkward. So he left. Of course I felt bad so I called him and invited him to go Stadium singing (in Rexburg a bunch of people used to meet under the bleachers in the stadium and sing hymns on Sunday evening). So, technically, he asked me out first.
4. What did you do on your first date?
We went to a stocked pond in the middle of some farmer's field north of Rexburg. We went fishing, had tinfoil dinners and a bonfire. It was fun.
5. What was your favorite thing to do together while you were dating?
Hmm...we would walk. To the park, to Milhollow in 15' weather (and he was a little miffed that I bought hot chocolate instead of ice cream!), and we would sit and talk after climbing 'R Hill'. Fun times.
6. When was your first kiss with your sweetheart?
Probably within a week of really dating - we had known each other 6 weeks, maybe. We were watching a movie at his apartment with his roommates, and at one point I turned to look at him and we were sitting so close that it would have been really weird to NOT kiss. So we did.

7. Who said it ( I love you ) first?
Probably him. That's how our whole relationship was. He always knew what he wanted to do, but I took longer to decide. (It's still that way.)
8. When did you first realize you loved him?
After we had been apart for two weeks over Christmas break. This was the first time we hadn't seen each other in that long, and I missed him so much! At that point, I knew I couldn't be without him in my life. Shortly after this, we decided to get married.

9. How did he propose?
We drove to my parents house for Presidents Day weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. Before we left, Tyler bought me a dozen roses. At this point, we knew we were getting married but it wasn't official. To my knowledge, he didn't have a ring. So we went home, took engagement pictures, went to church the next day where both of the BF's got harrassed in EQ and got called into the Bishop's office. They were both a little weirded out by it all. We went to my Grandpa's that night, still not official. After we got home, we went for a walk in the dark, cold, windiness. But there was a full moon, so it was pretty. We were just walking along, when Tyler stopped, kneeled down, and I turned around and he had a ring! I had no clue. Where had he hidden it? In the hood of his hoodie. Pretty sneaky. Of course I said yes. And then I find out that EVERYONE knew he had a ring. My roomates, my whole family, etc. So we walked back to the house and everyone is just smiling and waiting . . .he even picked the ring out all on his own and had had it for over a week.
10. What are two things you remember most about your wedding day?
We drove to my parents house for Presidents Day weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. Before we left, Tyler bought me a dozen roses. At this point, we knew we were getting married but it wasn't official. To my knowledge, he didn't have a ring. So we went home, took engagement pictures, went to church the next day where both of the BF's got harrassed in EQ and got called into the Bishop's office. They were both a little weirded out by it all. We went to my Grandpa's that night, still not official. After we got home, we went for a walk in the dark, cold, windiness. But there was a full moon, so it was pretty. We were just walking along, when Tyler stopped, kneeled down, and I turned around and he had a ring! I had no clue. Where had he hidden it? In the hood of his hoodie. Pretty sneaky. Of course I said yes. And then I find out that EVERYONE knew he had a ring. My roomates, my whole family, etc. So we walked back to the house and everyone is just smiling and waiting . . .he even picked the ring out all on his own and had had it for over a week.
10. What are two things you remember most about your wedding day?
1. It was sunny! We got married in Portland at the end of April, so it was still rainy season. The night before it was pouring and pouring rain. When we went to the temple in the morning, it was cold and cloudy, but when we came out it was beautiful!
2. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for all our family members that were able to come. I am so glad they made the drive all the way there, on a school/work day no less! It was beautiful to have so many people around us that loved us. To have them all in the temple, while Tyler and I both just cried because we felt so much love and happiness, was amazing.

Thanks for the tag Lindee!
11 comments:
I don't remember you guys climbing R mountain...there's probably a lot I don't remember because I was lost in my own dating la-la land. Your hair on your first date was awesome...I want my hair to be like that...
I've decided to start stalking you in blog land! I can't believe it's taken me this long to start reading your blog! That's a cute tag, and I love all the pictures. You both look exactly the same!
I love this tag that's going around. It's just so fun to read everyone's story. I love that you said it would be awkward to not kiss! And I can't believe he even got called into the Bishop's office! Crazy! I remember your reception--you had ice cream sundaes! And you were one of the first from our class to get married.
very cute. At first I thought the tag was just because it was your anniversary or something. But that is cool that it is a tag. fun story. Makes me want to put ours on.
I've been waiting for it! Thanks for playing :)
Cute tag! I didn't know all of the details about how you met, etc., so it was fun to catch up! Your hair is getting so long! I love it! I'm so jealous! You have the cutest little belly too!
I remember at your reception Tyler walked by you and kissed you then kept on walking. I thought it was so sweet. I enjoyed your pictures and your story.
I remember your first date (beacuse I was on it as well) and so many of the events leading up to your wedding. Fun times, you make a great couple!
Loved reading your story!!! Very sweet. Oh, Millhollow...I loved their waffle cones just plain..no icecream. What fun memories of Rexburg.
Thanks for sharing! :)
Loved reading your story!!! Very sweet. Oh, Millhollow...I loved their waffle cones just plain..no icecream. What fun memories of Rexburg.
Thanks for sharing! :)
Love it love it! Nicole, you are so stinkin beautiful and I loved reading this tag!
Post a Comment