1.14.2009

spaghetti pie and 20 weeks


I made this for dinner a few weeks ago. It was different than I thought it would be, but still very good. Tyler loved it. The meat is sausage and there is a sour cream filling that ends up tasting like cream cheese after you bake it. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

I realized the other day that I haven't updated on the condition of Tyler's back in quite a while. He is doing MUCH better. He can sit through work, church, and on long car rides without having to get up every 20 minutes. He comes home from work and can pick the boys up if he needs to, but he still has to be careful lifting heavy stuff. He says he can still feel a spot in his back that is not quite 100%, but he is in very little pain now. Going to the gym has been a routine before he goes to work, which is good for him and I know he is excited about getting back in shape. At least one of us is getting skinnier! :)

And I decided (Tyler will tell you that I bullied him into it. He's only half-joking.) that we're not going to find out what this babe is next week. I just don't want to know right now. I would rather wait. Knowing that I'm not going to find out until we have that baby actually makes me less anxious than when I thought we were going to find out. (If that makes sense) So, you all are going to have to wait as long as I will! Keep voting if you want - maybe I'll put up another poll closer to when the baby is due. Here's a belly shot for those interested - only 4 more months!

15 comments:

Desiree said...

You are so cute prego! I would love the recipe, I'm ALWAYS looking for new things to make.

Em and Ms said...

Cute pic! I'm glad you updated on Tyler's back--I'd wondered about it and Matt randomly asks me how he's doing. You're brave for not finding out. I'm kind of in awe of people who can do that.

Vanessa said...

Waiting is SO much fun! We didn't find out with the first two, but I was dead wrong with #2, thought he was a girl, even brought only girl outfits to the hosptial! :) I think it will be a girl, the odds are for ya, or you'll get a full house of boys (not a bad thing either) they are so fun! hope you are feeling good! spring baby! guess it doesn't matter much in washington, still rainy season! :) love it!

Amy S said...

You look super cute! You're better than me, it would kill me not to find out. :) I would love that recipe, it looks yummy.

Brianne said...

I'm glad to see that you finally look pregnant :-). And a very cute pregnant at that. I can't believe you're not going to find out. I couldn't do it.

The Clews Crew said...

You're very brave not to find out. That's our plan with the next one and I'm already nervous and I'm not even pregnant! You look great! I love reading about your boys. Sorry I don't comment very often. I'm trying to be better about that. Take care.

Kelsey said...

So the procedure worked for Tyler. That's great. It didn't end up working for Joe, even a second one at a higher dosage. He ended up having to get another procedure where they kill the nerves around the spine. It can last between 6m and 2 years. You look so cute pregnant. I voted for a girl. You're strong to say no to finding out. I don't think I could.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

We didn't find out with Colt what we were having and it was the BEST! There is nothing like it in the whole world--it's like Christmas morning when you're a kid and I think we'll do it for the rest too.

The Two of Us said...

You are TOO cute:) I love it...but can you have the Dr. call me after your appt and tell me what the baby is...its killin me:)

k and p said...

you are just cute cute CUTE! Good to hear about Tyler too. By the way I need to get your email or phone number-I have some plant questions for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Brent votes girl and Aunt Kitty votes boy. She said you are going to raise a basketball team! Could be co-ed you know! Way to keep the suspense going!
Grandma said that Marshal and Misty had a baby boy-she had a c-section, don't know any details.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Wow.....kudos to you in not finding oiut what the baby is, I could never last that long withought finding out what mine were! I voted for a boy....I will be excited to see what you have!:) And your little belly is so cute! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole, I haven't done much blog browsing since before Christmas and I was pleasantly surprised to come on your blog and find a plethora of fun posts! It seems like your little family has had a really fun month. Good for you! It is so fun that you are not finding out, but even if I didn't want to find out, I've still been able to "see the parts" on each ultrasound before the tech could tell me what they were! No surprises here, especially when it's a boy. I voted a girl!

Riggs Familia said...

Ah, man! I have to wait another 4 months! You're supposed to let Tyler find out so he can tell me! :)

I always knew you'd be cute pregnant! And you haven't disappointed me yet.

oh, YES I want recipe! Yum. Yum. Anything that tastes like "cream cheese"... catches my attention!

Dani W said...

I love the baby bump you are so cute!!! :)