1.20.2009

snowshoeing

Snowshoeing was fun last weekend. We headed out of the city and found the sun! It was amazing. I don't think the sun had been out for at least 10 days here. Depressing, I tell you.

Kaden loving his new snowshoes (thanks Grandma!). He looks like such a little man.

We did a really easy trail - so Jaren was able to walk, more like slide, down the trail on the way out.Kaden found a little side hill to sled down when we were hiking up. He didn't even make a dent in the snow it was so hard. We didn't really even need the snowshoes; I kept mine on for traction. Jaren did this later, and loved it. So why didn't he love sledding during Christmas break?



Driving back home. See that band of clouds? It was fog, mixed with pollution and all that god stuff. We had an air inversion last weekend, and I'm pretty sure I contracted lung cancer from it. Ha. Just kidding. It was gross, though.

6 comments:

Ben said...

Tyler's man tights are very...man sexy I guess. Good times away from the inversion. Our inversion has resulted in unhealthy air quality since Thursday. Poopy pants.

Em and Ms said...

You guys always do so many fun, outdoorsy things. I'm glad you got to see the sun!

shaunie said...

We have the sun, but you can't go outside to enjoy it at all. We've also had an AWFUL inversion for the last 10 days that's supposed to be here through Sunday. When you go out it tastes like you're breathing straight out of the exhaust pipe, your eyes water, and Jilly's had a mild runny nose/cough that I suspect is related to it. Good for you for escaping it temporarily! As for the sledding, maybe it was just too much at Christmas. Too much staying up late, too many people, and too windy I might add. I'm glad they got into the spirit this time around.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

that looks like fun. When do you guys find the time to go do all this stuff. I wanna go! Maybe one of these times you could drag us along. We just need the motivation I guess. Anyway looks like you had fun. Thanks for sharing

Di Cluff said...

What a great way to escape the yucky weather. I think everyone is ready for the January inversions to leave.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

We have an inversion here as well. Its quite common here thanks to the geography. It just can't escape the mountains that are blocking it the vally.