12.18.2008

snowed in



We're not really snowed in, but everything shuts down when it snows this much. It has never snowed this much and stuck around for so long since we moved here. I am loving it, and so are the boys. I just hope the roads are clear enough for us to travel for Christmas!

I noticed last week just before it started snowing that my daffodils were already coming out of the ground. Three months early. And now they are covered in at least 6" of snow. I guess they are well insulated against the cold. Silly things.

And I am starting to feel a whole lot better. More energy, and hungry all the time, instead of on the verge of throwing up. There were really only two weeks where I felt like I was going to throw up all day. Thankfully that is over now!

Kaden's preschool Christmas program was on Tuesday, the only day they had school this week. He did really well, and actually sang the songs! A few weeks ago at the ward Christmas party he didn't want to go up with the other Primary children and sing. It was fun to see him up there with his class.




**I removed most of the links to other blogs because they were getting outdated. But they are all in my google reader, so no worries. I will still be reading your blogs!

3 comments:

shaunie said...

I hope you all avoid a wreck with crazy snow drivers. We endured 1 1/2 hours of nasty snow driving this morning in rush hour traffic. Not an experience I encourage anyone to undertake. Ben was bemoaning Jilly's bad illness timing. We made it though, without an accident. I'm so glad you haven't been as sick with this one!

Em and Ms said...

Hope you drive safely! Snow is just that much more fun when it's rare. I'm glad you're feeling better. My dad gave me a Gardening in Nevada book a while back and it said to chill your bulbs in the refrigerator for 6 weeks before planting them here, since it stays warm so long. I just planted mine last week!

Vanessa said...

don't you just want to cry when you see them up there singing their little hearts out? its so cute when they participate. and congrats on the pregnancy! snow in washington? fun! you gotta go out and play in it all you can! it seems like a ton or a tiny bit there. and yes, everything shuts down- rain and floods, they are prepared for, but snow- not one bit! merry christmas!!!