We are back to the dark side. And by that I mean the dark, dreary, rainy side of the state. Blah! The sun is actually poking out right now, which feels really good.
The boys and I went to the farm for a few days last weekend. We picked apples, dug potatoes, played outside, played with the doggies, and Kaden helped trap gophers! He thought that was the coolest thing. He finally got to ride in a tractor. Jaren screamed and cried when he went in one. Hopefully his fear of loud machinery goes away soon.
Kaden is always so sad to leave. And I'll admit, I am too. I even think Jaren was sad this time. He kept wanting "Gama" to hold him before we left. I love that my boys love the farm, because I love it, too. On the way home, Kaden said, "I miss Daddy." I told him I did too and we would see him in about an hour. Then a few minutes later he said, "I miss Grandma too." And then got the saddest face you ever saw, with the pouty lip and everything. "That was SOO fun." He kept saying. Good thing we'll be going back in a month when my brother reports on his mission. I can't believe he comes home in less than two weeks! Time flies.
We're enjoying life right now, with all its bumps and hard times. The boys are a never source of smiles, laughs and joy to me. Just one example:
Kaden came downstairs after having some one-on-one time with Daddy. He looked at me and said,
"Mommy, did you know that you are gorgeous?"
I found out later that he asked Tyler what 'gorgeous' is and Tyler replied, "It's when someone is really pretty, like Mommy." What a good daddy he is. :)
4 comments:
Aah, I'm so jealous you got to go back to Pasco, and get fresh produce too! So nice that you're not that far away. And I love Kaden's comment--those are the ones that melt your heart!
Kaden's comment is so cute, fun that you got to go home for a little bit! I can't believe Bryson will be home in 2 weeks, time sure does go by fast!
I'm so glad you got to go home to visit!! And I totally know what you mean when you say your boys get all sad....I have been there one too many times with the girls and it breaks my heart! You just have to make up for it by being the best mom you can at home and I know you're an awesome mom!!:) It just makes me glad to know that someday (sooner than we think) we will all live togehter in Heaven as one big happy family and we won't have to be sad anymore about not seeing eachother all the time like here on Earth, so hang in there!
your kids are adorable. that comment about mommy is one of a kind. tyler is a great guy and seems to make an outstanding father, husband, etc.
Post a Comment