My recent gardening adventure. Miniature roses in front - Tyler bought them for me for our anniversary. They look pretty sad, I know, because they were soaked in the little pots I had put them in. No wonder with all the rain we get here! They are supposed to be pretty hardy, so hopefully they last through the winter. The tags that came with my plants were vague and had little information. I hate that!
The grass is a Carex comans 'Bronco'. It is hardy to 0' F. I love it. I love the look it has and how it makes the other plants stand out.
The bluish evergreen is a Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Rimpelaar', a fairly new variety. Zones 5-9. It's not supposed to get much bigger than what it currently is (about 7" tall).
Total Cost: $65
Pot - $20
Dirt - $15
Plants - $30
So, you don't have to spend a fortune to get a little bit of gardening in. The boys had a blast helping me and I'm excited to see the daffodils bloom in the spring!
2 comments:
I planted a mini rose that I recieved for Mothers Day in a pot similar to yours. It kooked sad for about 2 months then did great this summer. Without bringing it in the house I'm trying to come up with an idea to save over the winter, I know it will freeze in the pot since it's above ground. I'm sure yours will do great in your mild climate.
Looks great. I'm going to have to steal some ideas for this spring. My porch is perfect for baskets and pots. I just have to talk Josh into it. For some strange reason he hates hanging baskets. Oh well if worse comes to worst then I'll just go while he is gone. He usually warms up to my ideas once they see how good they look. I hope I get to see you and your boys this weekend. Grandma and Grandpa and my mom and dad are coming up with Jocelyn. Fun for me!
Post a Comment