My little -bigger-than-me-brother came home from his mission on Monday! He was supposed to have about an hour layover in SeaTac, but his flight was delayed from Dallas. We went down there anyway, in case his plane landed early, and ended up being able to see him for about 15 minutes. Jaren has never met him, but he warmed up faster than Kaden did. (see the second picture for what Kaden did the whole time)
Gangsters! Kaden wanted to take some pictures and this is what he got. Tyler was copying Jaren.
On the way home we found the Fremont Troll and took a couple of pictures. The boys were pretty frightened when we first got there, but once they figured out they could climb, play in the dirt and the rocks, they didn't want to leave. It's made out of concrete under a bridge in the north Seattle area.
We went out to dinner last Friday as well, and a few funnies that we came home with:
- When we pulled into the parking lot, kaden said, "Mmm....I like Bob!" (We went to Bob's Burger & Brew)
-Jaren ate the lemons from all our water glasses, but only ate two bites of hot dog. While munching on the lemons he repeatedly said, "I liiike it!"
-When we got in the car, I asked Jaren if he had fun and he replied, "Ice cream! I liiiiike it!" And then smacked his lips. He did have some ice cream. What a good dinner for him, lemons and ice cream. Next time we'll just forgo ordering him a meal and ask for a plate of lemons!
-Tyler sneezed on the way home, which causes extreme pain down into his leg. So there is a little bit of screaming and moaning whenever he sneezes. Jaren asks, "A-right daddy?" and Kaden asks "Are you okay, Daddy?" It's good to hear them so concerned about their Daddy.
And this was a not-so-fun adventure:
This happened just over a week ago. It didn't bleed very much, thank goodness. Him and Kaden were chasing each other around the front room, and Jaren tripped and hit his head on the glider/rocker. I thought he was going to need stitches. After about 15 minutes the swelling went down quite a bit and I could tell that it was only 1/4" long. He was happy with a monkey bandaid - over top of a butterfly bandage to keep it together. Now it is just a straight little scab. No major harm done.
10 comments:
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY BUT HAVING TONS OF FUN. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE WHEN MISSIONARIES COME HOME? THEY ARE SO CUTE AND INNOCENT? I JUST LOVE BEING IN THEIR PRESENCE. BY THE WAY, TYLER I REMEMBER YOU COMING HOME, I WASN'T AT THE AIRPORT, BUT I DO REMEMBER IT. HOPE TY'S BACK IS FEELING AT LEAST A LITTLE BETTER. TAKE CARE AND KEEP THOSE BOYS OUTTA TROUBLE (NOT POSSIBLE WITH TYLER AS THEIR DADDY!) HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I love missionary homecomings! I'm glad you got to see your little/big brother, even if it was only for a few minutes. I think the picture of Kaden "hiding" is hilarious. I'm glad you found the Fremont Troll and that the boys weren't too scared.
Wow, It is hard to believe that he has already served his mission and is home. I can't believe it has been that long. I mean I know that a lot has happened with my life, but nobody else is supposed to get older too. Hehe.
Your kids say the darndest things, it is soo cute.
How fun that you got to see your brother. He looks great! Your kids are so funny. We went out to eat the other night and Madelyn was eating a lime. Do these kids not have taste buds? Ouch Jaren--glad it's healing well!
Kaden is quite the photographer-I like the picture! Glad you got to see Bryson and have a little outing. That troll is huge and would be scary for little boys, very interesting! Just hate it when kids crash and bleed-good thing they are tough!
Silly Kaden! So shy :)...at least I'm assuming that's why he's hiding! I don't remember, where did your bro serve? Justin is filling out his papers right now! I think he's gonna go to Denver. Poor Jaren, I'm glad he didn't have to get stitches! I think you guys have seen enough Doctors lately.
Bryson does look skinnier, lost all his farmer bulk. Which means he'll probably get it back. So sorry about the cut and eczema! Does it not want to go away or what? It's like seeing Evelyn's face summer '07. Our family and thier sensitive skin...
And that was not Ben above, if you didn't already figure that out - Shaunie
yes, that is eczema around Jaren's face. If I could get him to stop slobbering all the time, then it might go away! It is actually looking a lot better now. Just pink instead of red. As long as I can keep lotion on it, that's the tricky part.
Kaden is a goof, I imagine Evelyn doing the same thing. How fun that you got to see Bryson. That troll is way scary! Even climbing around on the rocks and dirt don't appeal to me.
Post a Comment