i actually think the spray on stuff is worse, you end up with streaks... everyobody used it on vacation this year.. and there were some serious streaks! no matter what it says.. i still recommend rubbing it in too!
Ouch! Ashley had some sunscreen that was blue so it was real easy to see where it had been put on. Mom's always feel bad when something like that happens. Thank goodness kids are tough-wish I was there to gently rub on some aloe vera gel and get some hugs. You are a wonderful Mom!
Oh my goodness! I hope the sunburns aren't too painful for them! I used the spray on stuff on myself while we were in Eastern WA and it worked great. I still rubbed it in so I felt better about knowing I got it everywhere. I like the idea about the blue sunscreen too.
Oh I remember those days... I burned real bad growing up... I still do. Some tricks I learned for sunburns are Noxema works really well right after your burn develops... you just rub in on leave it on for a little bit and it helps stop your sun burn from advancing. Also an after sun lotion with reduce, dramatically, the amount of peeling, less peeling less itching! Good luck with the recovery. I am sure they wont even be phased by it... boys are tough. :)
It's good they're young enough to run topless for a few days, during the worst of it. Miriam got sunburned on her arms in May and still has a hard tan-line there. P.S.-if boys are so tough, why don't they give birth?
Oh, so sad! The two best sunscreens in the whole world are Bullfrog spray SPF 35 or more or Coppertone spray for kids SPF 50 or more. Put that on your kids and it's like they stayed indoors all day.
Tyler had provided your blog-link so we could see updates from your family. I happened to see this sunburn post. My step-dad was an EMT, and was introduced to a product called Burn Free. EMTs actually use this for burn victims, but it works miracles on sunburns, too. It actually pulls the heat out of the body- to ensure that the heat doesn't burn down even further. We have it everywhere we go. (Troy burns very easily.) You can find it at emergency supply stores, and they also have a different version at WalMart. It helps instantly! I probably have 10 bottles on hand at all times: cars, backpacks, home, boat, etc. Just thought I'd share- I hope that you don't mind. http://www.burnfree.com/p_home.asp
9 comments:
i actually think the spray on stuff is worse, you end up with streaks... everyobody used it on vacation this year.. and there were some serious streaks! no matter what it says.. i still recommend rubbing it in too!
Ooohhh, Ouch! The nice thing is that sunburns fade. It's always wierd how sunburns are so splotchy.
Ouch! Ashley had some sunscreen that was blue so it was real easy to see where it had been put on. Mom's always feel bad when something like that happens. Thank goodness kids are tough-wish I was there to gently rub on some aloe vera gel and get some hugs. You are a wonderful Mom!
Oh my goodness! I hope the sunburns aren't too painful for them! I used the spray on stuff on myself while we were in Eastern WA and it worked great. I still rubbed it in so I felt better about knowing I got it everywhere. I like the idea about the blue sunscreen too.
Oh I remember those days... I burned real bad growing up... I still do. Some tricks I learned for sunburns are Noxema works really well right after your burn develops... you just rub in on leave it on for a little bit and it helps stop your sun burn from advancing. Also an after sun lotion with reduce, dramatically, the amount of peeling, less peeling less itching! Good luck with the recovery. I am sure they wont even be phased by it... boys are tough. :)
It's good they're young enough to run topless for a few days, during the worst of it. Miriam got sunburned on her arms in May and still has a hard tan-line there.
P.S.-if boys are so tough, why don't they give birth?
Oh, so sad! The two best sunscreens in the whole world are Bullfrog spray SPF 35 or more or Coppertone spray for kids SPF 50 or more. Put that on your kids and it's like they stayed indoors all day.
Good tip from Heidi. Ouch. My kids haven't even been outside enough all summer to get sunburned.
Tyler had provided your blog-link so we could see updates from your family. I happened to see this sunburn post. My step-dad was an EMT, and was introduced to a product called Burn Free. EMTs actually use this for burn victims, but it works miracles on sunburns, too. It actually pulls the heat out of the body- to ensure that the heat doesn't burn down even further. We have it everywhere we go. (Troy burns very easily.) You can find it at emergency supply stores, and they also have a different version at WalMart. It helps instantly! I probably have 10 bottles on hand at all times: cars, backpacks, home, boat, etc. Just thought I'd share- I hope that you don't mind. http://www.burnfree.com/p_home.asp
Post a Comment