8.24.2008

oops





A U-turn on a busy, narrow two lane road.
With a steeper incline than I realized off the side.
Yeah, I felt pretty stupid. Now I just have to laugh to avoid crying.

{And what is the very first thing Tyler wants to do? "where's the camera?"
I could write a whole post on the amount of times I've done something silly/stupid/funny and
Tyler grabs the camera first thing. Thanks for preserving my fumbles for posterity.}


We both thought we were STUCK. That we would have to flag someone down, hope they have a rope/chain/something and pull us out. Thankfully, I was able to back right out.

Now Kaden is telling everyone, "our car crashed into the bushes!"

And this was the highlight of our Saturday!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

I love that you could just back out!...that makes it a classic! ... Good luck with Tyler taking pictures though... That's funny.

Laura said...

Oh my! How awful but at the same time hilarious that Tyler wanted to take a picture. So kind of him to preserve the memory for you. =)
Hope the car is ok!

Brianne said...

Oh no! I'm glad everything worked out fine and that Tyler got some great pictures. Eric always drives when we're together. I guess that way I can be the one taking pictures of him if something crazy happens :-).

Jaci said...

Hi there Friend! I stumbled upon your blog in a round about way...hope that's ok. I love it though and so fun to see those cute little fellers' adventures. Great way to keep in touch once we move.

The Two of Us said...

One word for you....HILARIOUS:)

The Two of Us said...

One word for you....HILARIOUS:)

shaunie said...

I was wondering how you got out with the back tire off the ground. I've always said you married as big of a tease as yourself. I could never do your teasing justice like Tyler does. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

those types of things always seem to be the hightlights, right. don't feel stupid-i could totally see myself doing that same thing and as for tyler and the camera, that is how jared is. what is it with them catching their wives doing something ridiculous. remember, paybacks stink even worse.
glad you are alright!

Riggs Familia said...

Haha! Sorry, Nicole...but I love this story! I'm glad you didn't have to go through all the trouble of being stuck, though. It's a great picture, the back wheel is even off the ground !

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Whoooa...that could be a little scary! Nothing like throwing a little excitement into your day huh?!:)

Walker Family said...

oh man! at least it was during the day and it was easy to back out. . .thanks for the laughs and thank tyler for the pictures!