8.27.2008

I just wanted to make it pretty!

...is what Kaden said when I asked him why he colored on his baby blanket that Grandma made for him. I am pretty sure it is crayon. And pretty sure that he colored on his bed too. And I couldn't tell you when it happened. Crayons are not allowed anywhere but at the table. Sneaky little kid.

I hope your feelings aren't hurt, Mom. I think the quilt is pretty enough!



I have not attempted to get it out yet. Do I use OxyClean? Or Zout? Any suggestions?

7 comments:

shaunie said...

The only thing I know of for crayon is the Magic Eraser. On the box of 'em that I have, it doesn't say anything about not using it on cotton fabrics, just 'test in an inconspicuous area first.' It's worth a try, I don't think regular stain removers take out wax.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I remember trying to make my mom's rocking chair "pretty" with crayons. Then when asked about it, I blamed it on my cousin. The guilt plagued me for years. I finally "confessed" to my mom that I did it. My mom said, "ya I figured, since you started to write your name on it" She let me punish myself basically.

Also looking at your pictures makes us want to move to Washinton.

Dani W said...

I have heard a trick with an iron... since it is wax it should just lift up... try googling it and I am sure you can find it somewhere... I will look to see if I come up with anything.

Brianne said...

Kaylin has colored on a light pink shirt with black crayon while at church on two different Sundays. It actually came right out for me in the wash. I washed it on cold.

Kids have interesting ideas on what is "pretty" :-).

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

I agree with Shaunie on how to get the crayon out...although I have never tried in on material, i know it works great in everything else! I've had a "few" of these incidents, but they involve a marker and walls!:) You just gotta laugh soemtimes because they are not always going to be little and it could be worse!!

Anonymous said...

I've used the iron trick to pull candle wax out of clothes before. I just placed a paper towel over the wax, and then heated it with an iron. It pulls the wax right into the paper towel. I haven't tried it with crayon, but I'm sure I'll have my chance soon, too. Good luck!

Trevor and Amy said...

Goo Gone works really good on crayons! It comes right off! I use it on my walls all the time. Try it if you haven't already. Thanks for all of your tips! It's awesome that you know so much about plants, flowers, etc. I have so much to learn! We missed you on Labor Day! Maybe we'll see you sometime soon!