8.21.2008

happy anniversary


{college graduation - Dec 2006}

Today is my mom and dad's 27th wedding anniversary! I hope you have a good one, even though you have to be at the fair all day!

I wish I had a copy of their wedding picture, but I don't know if they would appreciate my posting it. I have always loved the picture they have hanging up from their wedding day. Especially my Dad's baby blue colored suit!

My mom and dad came to visit last weekend for a few days. We went to the coast, and to the mountains, and enjoyed just relaxing. Kaden would not let Grandma out of his sight! He didn't want to go to bed, or to primary, or even let her use the restroom alone (but we didn't let that happen). All this out of the fear that they would leave while he wasn't looking! We had to convince him that they wouldn't leave in the middle of the night while he was asleep. So what was the first thing he did in the morning? He runs downstairs before doing anything else, just to check if they were still here!

Even though they have been married for 27 years, have six kids, two sons-in-law and four grand kids, they don't look like grandparents. Just a few examples from last Sunday:

- We went to church and my dad ended up the first one in to Sunday School. (Mom and I each took a kid to class, and Tyler was busy with his calling.) The teacher asked him to introduce himself and he said, "I'm Nicole's Dad, from Eastern Washington." She looked at him speculatively and said, "You look a little young to be her dad."

- Mom took Kaden to primary, and he didn't want her to leave. The primary president came up to my mom and asked, "so are you Kaden's auntie?" My mom replied, "No. I'm Grandma."

- As we were leaving church, a friend asked me, "do you have Tyler's brother, or your brother visiting?" I smiled and said, "No. They are my parents." Him, "What? Oh, well, you look like you are 14 anyways, so I see where you get it from." HA. Looking 14 when that is around the age of the girls you teach, isn't a good thing. It seems to be a running joke in our ward, so I just try to take it in stride.

I just want to wish you, Mom and Dad, a happy anniversary and thank you for the life you provided for us kids growing up. We are truly spoiled to be raised on a farm, in beautiful country with great examples to follow.


{family picture from August 2006}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and your cute family-thanks for sharing your daughter with our family-she is so talented and fun.

Brianne said...

Your church stories are funny. Hopefully the looking young thing will continue and YOU will be mistaken for Kaden's sister one day!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Yes teaching YW and looking the same age is always fun. We were married less than a month when I we were called to work with the youth, so a lot of the women in the ward thought I was a young woman since they didn't know me. It was the same with the other counselor. You should have seen thier faces when I got pregnant! LOL. I love that picture of your family, with both you girls pregnant its so cute.

shaunie said...

That's funny they got that many comments on their stage in life in one weekend. Dad tells me about stuff like that too, so I guess it happens quite a bit. Is today really the 21st? I thought it was the 20th. I'm stuck in a vortex!