what a crazy day! I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere else today.
A couple of tips that I found in this article:
-"Pinch back tomato plants for a higher yield." At the ends of the plant, pinch with your fingers or cut off about 1/4 of an inch. This will promote the plant to force it's energy on what is currently growing, so you will get bigger tomatoes. If you strip the plants of leaves, the same thing happens.
-If you have a vegetable garden, plant seeds for fall harvest now. Like spinach, radish, lettuce, and carrots.
I really thought these two tips were great! If only I had my own garden to grow. . .
Do you have a plant/gardening question? Email me at martnicole AT hotmail DOT com.A couple of tips that I found in this article:
-"Pinch back tomato plants for a higher yield." At the ends of the plant, pinch with your fingers or cut off about 1/4 of an inch. This will promote the plant to force it's energy on what is currently growing, so you will get bigger tomatoes. If you strip the plants of leaves, the same thing happens.
-If you have a vegetable garden, plant seeds for fall harvest now. Like spinach, radish, lettuce, and carrots.
I really thought these two tips were great! If only I had my own garden to grow. . .
8 comments:
Thanks for the planting tip. I have been wanting to start a small garden, I'll have to go get some lettuce and carrot seeds. Which side of the house is best to plant on??? My two best options are the west and north.
I wish I could get my Mother-in-law to look at blogs, she would love your friday's gardening pieces. My friend has a Tips and Tidbits blog that I'm a contributer on, where we post recipe's, decorating, houshold stuff. Would you mind if I posted a link there for your Friday's Gardenings?
I've had enough seedling malfunctions (I'm half sure they were toddler induced), I'm still taking this year off of produce gardening.
Oh, and is it okay for Handy Trevor to R.S.V.P. yes, via blog?
This is totally unrelated to your post, but I had to share. Yesterday the girls and I were watching the garbage truck dump the garbage, and the driver got out to take care of something. He got back in and Ev said, "Where did Unca Tyler go?" I tried to tell her it wasn't Tyler, but Jill picked up on it as well, and every time they saw the garbage man get out, it was Uncle Tyler. The guy didn't even look like him. Sorry Tyler!
Thank you! We I am in Upstate New York... so humid and wet with pretty decent summers and hard winters but all in all we get all four seasons. We actually have a row of lilac bushes in the back... my little piece of home. I will definatly look into some of those for the garden. The left flowerbed is actually turning into a large concrete patio... so that is why it is rather neglected. I love reading your blog... so much fun and so informative! I really appreciate your kind words and help!
Hi I hope you guys remember us. We found your blog through a friends and were happy to see how your family is doing.
What a great tip!!! I'm pinching back my tomatoes this weekend, might even strip a few leaves too! I got my first red tomato today and it's a cherry tomato:( But I did get my first egg today:) That's just how life is on the backyard farm.
Post a Comment