The boat we made for the boat race. It won!
Jaren's favorite thing to do in the whole world.
Batter up!
Fixing breakfast with my helpers.
The barrel swing. They both loved this. I had never seen them before, but it's a really great idea!
(hint hint mom and dad)
We went to our ward camp out last weekend. It was fun. The weather was perfect - overcast and cool, but it didn't rain!
************************
Camping always, always takes it right out of me. I love camping. I just don't love how tiring it is. So Sunday morning I was still sleeping. Tyler had already left for before-church meetings. Kaden had been up since 6 am. I woke up later to Kaden singing:
"Mommy is going to sleep,
Mommy will wake herself up,
So leave mommy alone,
or she will be mad at you."
I couldn't help laughing, and going straight to his journal to write that down. I still laugh about it. How did he come up with that? Then, even funnier, was that Jaren picked up the tune and was singing along with Kaden, using his own words.
I will be the first to admit that sometimes, I am grumpy in the mornings.
12 comments:
That is pretty funny. I love the words that he came up with. Don't worry I am not a morning person either. We had to ... I mean... We got to help out at the Youth Conference this last weekend and had to wake up early early early Saturday morning to get things done and shuttle kids around... I was not as peppy as I, or those around me, would have liked. lol... oh well! You get what you get! haha.
You've convinced us, the weather here is too hot. We're moving to Washington, in about six years. Or maybe Oregon. I like the swing, the nephews are gettin'a'big!
Oh, Shaunie is grumpy in the mornings too, if she doesn't sleep enough. Seems to run in the family eh?
Love the Idaho boat. Both Ben and I thought the boys looked older in these pictures for some reason. Ev is realizing too that I like to sleep, but she doesn't want me to. It makes for interesting morning battles.
Nicole-
I found your blog through looking at others' blogs, how are you? Your kids are adorable! I just had a baby last month. I had a crazy labor and delivery and it hasn't slowed down since. :) I'd love to hear from you. Check out my blog or drop me an email!
Nicole, your kids are the cutest! the swing really does look awesome! perfect campout!
I love Kaden's song! That is hilarious! Looks like the ward camp out was fun.
hey, still testing
still testing
testing
Kids are amazing with what they come up with, that one is hilarious. Maybe Kaden will be a composer but those lyrics sound more like a rap. Apparently the morning grumpies are a Gibbons thing:)Ben has a hard time waking up but when he does he's not grumpy, he gets grumpy at technology:)
Post a Comment