7.27.2008

catch up

So I just realized I'm way behind on blogging. I don't know how that happened!



I took the boys to Jetty Island with some ladies from the ward. It was supposed to be a young women's activity. And there were quite a few young women there; there were just more leaders with kids than young women! We had fun, the weather was good, the water was actually warm, even though the tide was quite a ways out when we got there.

******************

The company Tyler works for has a company picnic every summer. The theme for this year was a carnival. They had lots of mini-fair rides, popcorn, churros, cotton candy, sno-cones, and a catered lunch. We didn't have to pay for any of it either! Bonus! It was a lot of fun. Kaden's favorite was the gigantic blow up slide, and Jaren loved the bouncy house. Oh, and the endless amount of popsicles were a hit too.


Tyler 'encouraged' me to climb the rock wall, something I had never done before.

Balloons! Kaden was so excited. He saw someone doing this when we were in downtown Seattle a few months ago but we couldn't get one then because of all the people. So he got a dragon with wings and Jaren got a snake.


*************

The last couple of weeks I have been watching these two do this:

We got the trike out of storage so Jaren could ride it. And what does Kaden do?

He wants to ride it all the time, instead of his big boy bike.
Jaren is getting the hang of it though. His little legs are barely long enough to 'Fred Flintstone' it.
They are growing up too fast!

5 comments:

Brianne said...

I haven't been to Jetty Island. It looks like fun. That's cool that Tyler's work puts on such a great party for everyone!

shaunie said...

I know what happened to blogging...you were fixing your blog to make it look awesome! Kudos to you, I think if I attempted that round again we would end up with another retarded blog. Fun activities, wish we were closer to a beach! I liked your "Fred Flinstone" term. I don't think Jilly can even do that. Although she is getting fatter.

Vanessa said...

hey there! yes, kelton did break his arm before. right when jake was graduating...that kid! your boys are halariously just like mine! we have the same trike bike and it's been handed down to chase now, but kelton loves it (security? not sure) and always takes it out to ride it. :) boys are funny! Chase also "fred flinstones it" and so he has to wear shoes or ends up coming in with scraped up toes! they can get going pretty darn fast too!

i miss the beaches and sand/water in washington! the sand is different there. :( glad ya'll are enjoying it though!

Walker Family said...

What a fun picnic! Aaron's work parties are never centered around families. . late at night with lots of wine. Your little boys are just so cute. I wish i had a better word to describe them. . but I don't!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

A fun free party....what more could you ask for?! Way fun!:)