2.29.2008

So I hope none of you think this is gross. I thought it was hilarious.

This morning I was cleaning house and Kaden kept whining and telling me that his bum hurt. I asked him why, and he said because he fell in the road. (We were coming back from the park yesterday and he was walking backwards in the bike lane and tripped.) I asked him if there was something I could do - because honestly, I didn't know what to do, and I didn't think he had really gotten hurt when he fell.

Finally, after more whining and complaining, I asked him to go in and go to the bathroom - maybe thinking that he was withholding something.

Well, he wasn't, and I noticed that his bum was red - like diaper rash.
(He's been potty trained for almost a year. I don't know how it happened.)
So I got the diaper cream and told him I was going to put some on.

So that was fine with him - - - fast forward three hours after he woke up from his nap
and he tells me that his bum is feeling better. Then he asks,

"mommy, why did you put sour cream on my bum?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was great! I needed a good laugh! Hope he's all better! Do you have fun plans for the weekend?

Ben said...

Oh, I'm laughing! At least he knew what he could compare the cream to! It's so great to write these little stories down for him to read later, and you to remember. They are hilarious!

Anna said...

That is hilarious! Alex and I had a good laugh over it. In fact I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it to him. Hope that you have enjoyed a little bit of the sun we have gotten the past week or so!

Unknown said...

That's great! The things they come up with sometimes....

Incidentally, Evan gets red bumps on his skin in places that he sweats, especially dureing the summer. The doctor said he might be allergic to fabric softener? Whenever he has an "accident," he gets a small rash. I'm planning on line drying all of his shirts and underwear during the hot summer months (ugh!).

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That was laugh out loud funny! I can always count on Kaden for a good laugh!