
On Saturday Tyler and I were able to leave the boys with some friends and have a fun ski day. We headed up to Stevens Pass, and were trying to get there pretty soon after it opened. After sitting in our car on the highway for an hour while an accident was getting cleared up, we finally made it. And we are both still sore. After more than 2 years of not going, it was easier than I thought it would be to get used to skiing again.

I wish I could say that we got a picture of both of us - but we didn't. And Tyler wouldn't even let me have the camera to take a picture of him. Because he looks a lot better while skiing than I do.
What a beautiful view! We're pretty sure that really tall mountain is Mt. Baker.We're so grateful to the wonderful family that kept the boys for us. Kaden got to play hockey ball, jump on the trampoline, and play so hard he didn't know what to do with himself when we got home. Both him and Jaren are still trying to catch up on their sleep.
Besides the waiting on the highway, we really couldn't have asked for a more perfect spring skiing day. Soft, almost powdery snow, full-on sunshine, and a really great person to spend it with.
6 comments:
What fun, Nicole! It's beautiful up there! You guys are lucky you live so close to the mountains. I think you look great skiing. . it looks like you had th whole mountain to yourselfs.
It's great you got to go skiing. Life is much better after a day of fun in the sun and snow!!! Sounds like the boys enjoyed a change also. Today it's sunny and the snow is melting off the roof. We are all so ready for spring, but I'm sure it is still a ways off.
As soon as Jilly gets her molars in I need to take Shaunie on a nice date. It's been a long time, we're both a couple of home-bodies. I'm glad you guys got to go skiing together.
You look fine in your skiing pictures. I'm jealous. If the pics had been of me, I would have been flat on the ground. So much fun. Maybe next year, before we move from UT, we'll go on a ski date. That would be really interesting. Me only having skied once, and Ben never. You guys already have us whipped!
Oh, come on! You look great skiing. You guys have been doing so many fun things lately it seems like. Everytime I see pictures of your hikes and adventures it makes me miss all the things to do in Washington. I especially love the kids' bedtime dance. So funny!
Fun date! You guys really are lucky to be so close to skiing & fun winter activities. You look great in your ski gear. Hopefully you can make it to the slopes again before the season is over.
Post a Comment