(Tyler)This is one of the entrances to the cave. With the chunks of snow from the cave we built an igloo shelter over it, so we had half cave, half igloo. I could almost stand up in the igloo portion of the cave.
Looking in the Entrance that Jeff dug.
Looking inside from the entrance I dug.
(Nicole)just to give you an idea of how big (or not big) the cave was. They slept on the pine boughs for some extra insulation.During the night we closed the entrace Jeff dug to help keep the warm air in.
(Nicole)Doesn't that look inviting? (not to me it doesn't!)
(Nicole)Tyler asked if I wanted to go back up next weekend with him, find it, and sleep in it. Umm...NO. I didn't have to think too long about that! Slightly claustrophobic, lots of avalanches up there recently....no thanks!
4 comments:
Can't say that I blame you a bit! I'd definitely rather stay home sipping my hot cocoa. I do want to go camping sometime this summer though.
I can't believe that Tyler actually asked you that :-). Thanks for posting the pictures, I always hear about these snow caves but I've never seen one. Did Jeff and Tyler share a cave or was that just a picture of Jeff in his cave?
Looks like is was hard work! Iam slightly claustrophobic to... eek!
Oh come on... Where is your sense of adventure! :) That is a lot of work, but a fun memory for the boys.
Post a Comment