2.19.2008

So just a couple of random pictures from the last month.

Kaden "sharing" Daddy's orange julius, after he had his own hefty serving.

Kaden is starting to learn his ABC's better. His favorite letters are B, R and S. When I use flashcards with him, every letter is B. It's SO frustrating. Our conversation usually goes like this:
me, holding up the letter 'A': "Kaden, what letter is this?"
Kaden: "ummm(wrinkling up his face): "B?"
me: "No, try again."
Kaden: "umm, R?"
me: "nope, try again."
Kaden: "umm...S?"
It's at this point that I usually ask him, "is it letter ___?" and he says, yep!

But I can't stay mad because he gets this look on his face, wrinkles up his nose and asks, "B?" when I ask him what letter is on the card. He appears to be actually thinking hard, but for some reason, I doubt he is. And when we look at the letters to sing the ABC song, he almost knows the whole song. I think identifying them alone is the tough part for him.


Jaren still loves playing with all the kitchen stuff. I think I was cooking while this was going on - because he usually doesn't get away with it. His favorite utensil is a spatula - or a flipper - whatever you call them, and he pretends to cook. It's cute - but I hate my pans getting all scuffed up.
Jaren has recently figured out that climbing anything and everything is very, very cool.
Sunday afternoon as I was making dinner I heard him squealing with delight because he was doing this:
So I put the bucket part down, and he did this:

Kids.

(please excuse his no-pants-ness. we had just changed 2 poopy diapars within 30 minutes)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

don't worry...no pantness is nothing.. my mom keeps sending me clothes for Kevin becuase everytime she sees him on the web cam he only has a diaper on... I totally understand.. clothes just get dirty anyways...lol. Cute pictures... its funny how little boys can find funny things to do with our everyday stuff... clothes dryers.. pots and pans.. who would have thought they could be so much fun?

Walker Family said...

Nicole! I found your blog off of Emily's. Your little boys are so cute! I'm sure that everyone tells you that but they really are adorable! It was fun to see your little family!

Ben said...

Ben says that Kaden likes the letter "B" because it stands for 'Ben.' I'll let Kaden be the judge of that. :) At least he know some letters. Evelyn knows the ABC song too, but I highly doubt she could identify any letters. Jilly's recently discovered my pots and pans as well. And my steamer. Ev and her will walk around with it on their heads. So silly. Jaren has such a big smile. Ben likes the orange julius picture. And the no pants picture happens a lot around here. Jilly just escapes before I can get her bottoms back on. Sometimes I care, sometimes not.